IGNORED

Is anyone fimiliar with this product? Use A8 and A16 comps with your PC

I came across this while browsing EBay last night:

Strange cable

I asked the seller a few questions and apparently this cable will work with Atari 8-bit and 16-bit systems. They also offer an upgraded version that allows you to transfer files between a standard PC and ST computer. It sounds like a great deal but I am a bit hesitant to make a purchase. The seller also sent me his official URL and it's right here.

When your Atari is connected to this cable you have full access to your PC's keyboard, mouse, etc.

Edit: this is not your standard hack to get PC keyboards / mice to work on your Atari. One end of the cable attaches to your Atari system and the other end connects to your PC's parallel port. With the upgrade version (from what the seller explained to me) allows data transfer between the two machines.

Edited by retrogeek

Google the name krishnasoft, you can find their site. There is more potential there than that cable has to offer. It basically is that-- simulates peripherals for your old machine. By using a complete computer on the side. I dunno, it's got its ups and downs. The person was telling us about it on vintage-computer.com and it didn't go over too well. It might have been the presentation, and I thought about getting it but decided it wasn't for me. The person has been here, too, but didn't follow the thread.

Here's a link.

Edited by nathanallan

Google the name krishnasoft, you can find their site. There is more potential there than that cable has to offer. It basically is that-- simulates peripherals for your old machine. By using a complete computer on the side. I dunno, it's got its ups and downs. The person was telling us about it on vintage-computer.com and it didn't go over too well. It might have been the presentation, and I thought about getting it but decided it wasn't for me. The person has been here, too, but didn't follow the thread.

Here's a link.

I'm glad I decided to post something here before making a purchase. I was a bit skeptical about the cable anyway; if it didn't go over well then it's probably not worth it.

It's just not for everybody. I bet you could get the peripherals it emulates from someone here. In her (it's a girl and a guy doing it, I emailed them) area those peripherals are probably really hard to get. I thought about it cause I needed an ST mouse but she wouldn't guarantee it would work on an ST. But the hardware is easy to get so...

But the MPDOS has potential, please read on and don't let my opinion color yours.

Nathan