IGNORED

Who wants to see a 128K + 16K RAM PCB being made?

CPUWIZ

Who wants to see a 128K + 16K RAM PCB being made?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Hell yeah!
    • Hell no!
    • A what?
  2. 2. Would this be useful to homebrewers?

• Yep.
    • Nah, too lazy to code something that big.
    • Home what?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Thanks - I actually already did the eprom/Winter Games way for Plutos (don't kill me - I did used the 'silent' version though, as I got a replacement version with sound) But IMHO that's not a way to go in the future to make multiple versions of these new games. Anything that's beyond a 2 rarity should be careful to how many are being converted, and anything beyond a 4 flat out should not be converted. Again, IMHO.

Are the 32KB SRAM chips the same pinout as the one Atari used? If that's the case then of course that's fine. :)

Bob

I like to convert commando carts does that make me a bad man cause I need the 2meg support? :grin:

How hard would it be to put Plutos and Sirius on one Tynesoft collection cart with a menu selection or switch? Maybe *shutter* the first and only 7800 double ender (I know thats a pipe dream). I know nothing about the actual making of homebrew. Just dreaming up ideas here. However, combining these two games, sinc eyou have to build a new board around them, strikes me as a possible way to save money in the manufacturing, and sell the end product for more. A) would this senario be possible? B) would it cost less to make? and C) If you had 100 people willing to pay $60 for a double game that costs less to make than two cartridges, would there be enough money envolved to make the project worth while for the people making and selling it? I don't think you would have any problem getting pre-orders to get the wheels going and fund the project.

the.golden.ax

I'd certainly be interested in a 128K+16K board. I'm finally going to have time to get back into 7800 homebrewing this summer, and it would be a perfect board for some of the projects that I have in mind. You'll probably also sell a bunch right off the bat as Plutos and Sirius cartridges.

How hard would it be to put Plutos and Sirius on one Tynesoft collection cart with a menu selection or switch? Maybe *shutter* the first and only 7800 double ender (I know thats a pipe dream). I know nothing about the actual making of homebrew. Just dreaming up ideas here. However, combining these two games, sinc eyou have to build a new board around them, strikes me as a possible way to save money in the manufacturing, and sell the end product for more. A) would this senario be possible? B) would it cost less to make? and C) If you had 100 people willing to pay $60 for a double game that costs less to make than two cartridges, would there be enough money envolved to make the project worth while for the people making and selling it? I don't think you would have any problem getting pre-orders to get the wheels going and fund the project.

the.golden.ax

I think it'd be a lot harder to make a double ender than regular carts. For a double ender you'd have to either have a custom cartridge shell manufactured, or you'd be probably stuck using XONOX carts (Which I'd rather not - although I'd like to see new double carts manufactured all the same for homebrew use. :))

With regular cartridges it'd just be a matter of recycling some existing carts which of course would be a LOT cheaper.

the.golden.ax

I think it'd be a lot harder to make a double ender than regular carts. For a double ender you'd have to either have a custom cartridge shell manufactured, or you'd be probably stuck using XONOX carts (Which I'd rather not - although I'd like to see new double carts manufactured all the same for homebrew use. :) )

With regular cartridges it'd just be a matter of recycling some existing carts which of course would be a LOT cheaper.

Sunmark, in releasing MIDI MAZE for the Atari XE had a setup where the cart had a switch in the back. When you flicked the switch, it became MEAN 18 Golf (XEGS).

post-1046-1208620046_thumb.jpg

Edited by DracIsBack

the.golden.ax

I think it'd be a lot harder to make a double ender than regular carts. For a double ender you'd have to either have a custom cartridge shell manufactured, or you'd be probably stuck using XONOX carts (Which I'd rather not - although I'd like to see new double carts manufactured all the same for homebrew use. :) )

Sunmark, in releasing MIDI MAZE for the Atari XE had a setup where the cart had a switch in the back. When you flicked the switch, it became MEAN 18 Golf (XEGS).

Very nice! This is exactly what is needed. I can see it now The Tynesoft Collection...