IGNORED

ColecoVision Pac-Man Collection?

CV Gus

I'm also looking for PMC too.

In according to Luc's latest siteblog.

Eduardo is busy, so PMC would not be finish yet, and also the beta-testing would be delayed.

Maybe the game would be released somewhere later this year, -maybe winter 2008.

But it's worth of waiting at. :D

Thanks for the update!

I WILL order homebrew games this year.

About Yi-Ar Kung Fu:

A few years ago, in a second-hand store, they were selling one of those "many games in one" controllers. This one also had a light gun, and on the box were characters from Star wars: The Phantom Menace.

Among the games were the NES 3-screen version of Donkey Kong, Front Line, and- you guessed it- Yi-Ar Kung Fu.

I was able to get pretty far into the second round the first time I played, without knowing what I was doing.

Does Opcode's version have difficulty levels to prevent this?

• 2 weeks later...

I will also hope Eduardo will rise up, and be strong enough to finish PMC.

To sad, he work so hard that he not have time for his hobby.

PMC is a most have game, a game we was missing in ColecoVision's golden days.

Opcode Games could have being a good team, if they had go together as a real team.

Some for graphics, some for Sound, and some for assambling post and packing.

But that is also easy for me to say that.

:!:

What happens when you defeat all of the enemies? How many such "rounds" are there? does it just go on, getting more dificult? Can you skip earlier rounds?

I remember that I increased the difficulty level for the CV version of Yie Ar Kung-Fu. Not sure if you guys know that, but I also included the original MSX version with the CV cartridge. I just don't remember how to access it... I think you needed to press something during the start up, but not sure…

Try the MSX version and you will appreciate the many improvements I made for the CV version, like graphics and difficulty. :)

And yes, YAKF (the first game), has five fighters, and once you beat them all, the game starts again, faster and more difficult. After level 4 things get pretty insane... YAKF 2 in the other hand is a far more difficult game....

About Pac-Man Collection, it's coming, I promise you. Now that Luc owns Opcode Games, I have more free time to program...

BTW, has someone here already paid me for a game and still waiting for it? I just want to make sure before I shut down my side of Opcode Games...

Eduardo

What happens when you defeat all of the enemies? How many such "rounds" are there? does it just go on, getting more dificult? Can you skip earlier rounds?

I remember that I increased the difficulty level for the CV version of Yie Ar Kung-Fu. Not sure if you guys know that, but I also included the original MSX version with the CV cartridge. I just don't remember how to access it... I think you needed to press something during the start up, but not sure…

Try the MSX version and you will appreciate the many improvements I made for the CV version, like graphics and difficulty. :)

And yes, YAKF (the first game), has five fighters, and once you beat them all, the game starts again, faster and more difficult. After level 4 things get pretty insane... YAKF 2 in the other hand is a far more difficult game....

About Pac-Man Collection, it's coming, I promise you. Now that Luc owns Opcode Games, I have more free time to program...

BTW, has someone here already paid me for a game and still waiting for it? I just want to make sure before I shut down my side of Opcode Games...

Eduardo

For anyone who is interested...

Two different versions of Yie Ar Kung-Fu are included on the cartridge. The Famicom version is the default, while the MSX version lies hidden, waiting to be found. To boot up the MSX version, hold down the [*] button as you turn on the game. Keep holding down the [*] button until you get to the player select screen. Instead of seeing the option to select between one or two players, you’ll be asked to press the fire button to play. The MSX version is fairly similar to the Famicom one, except that Lang has a new look and uses a slightly different fighting strategy. Also, the MSX version’s score and health meter is located at the top of the screen, instead of the bottom.

Hi Troy_Whelan.

I push the * in YAKF on my CV and it works, there are two versions in 1 cart. :D

In my Manual on page 8: "Lessons From The Master" was this also been in mention.

You're also the one to know ;)

post-9873-1209641959_thumb.jpg

Thank you.

Edited by ten-four

As I am saving up for a homebrew- the first one since Spectar (read my review!), I am trying to decide if it should be:

Yi- Ar Kung Fu

Reversi (does anyone know about this game?)

Astro Invader...Being a gamer who was around since Pong, I really like being able to get older games like this- especially obscure ones. Just as long as it's not too easy.

It's a good time to be a CV owner- the console has arisen, Phoenix-like, from marketer-inspired death.

Would anyone here be interested in purchasing copies of Kevtris, Space Invasion, or Star Fortress? I do not have them, but maybe if there was enough interest, the programmers may permit copies to be made and sold?

AFAIK, you can still order Space Invasion and Star Fortress from Classic Game Creations. As for Kevtris, I think the total count was meant to be kept at 100.

As I am saving up for a homebrew- the first one since Spectar (read my review!), I am trying to decide if it should be:

Astro Invader...Being a gamer who was around since Pong, I really like being able to get older games like this- especially obscure ones. Just as long as it's not too easy.

Scott's version of Astro Invader that's in the AA store is definitely not too easy. It's easier than the arcade but the difficulty ramps up nicely in the CV cart.

Scott's version of Astro Invader that's in the AA store is definitely not too easy. It's easier than the arcade but the difficulty ramps up nicely in the CV cart.

I'm glad to hear that. I will most CERTAINLY purchase it this year, if not now.

Of course, Opcode's Pac-Man Collection is a must...

Can anyone here tell me about Reversi? Does the computer make random moves, so you can't figure out simple patterns?