IGNORED

I'm convinced... (rarity changes....)

EricDeLee

Finally!!! I have been able to secure a CURVED Gates of Zendocon.

After really diving into the realms of trying to finish off my Rarity 1-4 list for Atari 2600 carts, I realized some of those carts are harder to get than some rarity 8s and 9s that are on the list. For instance I've owned multiple copies of Qbert Qubes... but never even SEEN a copy of Skiing Blue Label... or owned a copy of Gunslinger Sears Picture.... or that elusive Asteroids Sears Picture.

So I'm convinced that a lot of those Rarity 2s and 3s will or should see a jump in the future.

Same with a few Atari Lynx games. I think, by far, one of the toughest titles to secure for me over the last two years or so was that darned curved Gates of Zendocon. The curved is by far harder to find then the other two versions. If you buy any of the boxed versions on ebay... they are all flat or ridged. Trust me... I've bought a few. I even had one guy open 5 sealed ones for $10 to see if there was one. Nada. ZIP.

Tough game to find, and I had to grab it from Australia... but I finally have it! :)

Any of these games elude you that much?

Well, I don't know about flat vs ridged, but if you want to know what the single most difficult game to find is... it's Krazy Ace Mini Golf.

I've only seen one or two on eBay in the last few years, and I only know of two retailers, 16/32 Systems out of the UK and Video 61 in the US (who sells it for a painful $100!) who list it in their Lynx stock.

I've been trying to find a reasonably priced copy to complete my Lynx collection, but I'm having no luck. Eventually, I'll probably bite my lip and spend the C-note, but I'm holding out hope I'll find a cheaper copy.

For me, if a game doesn't show up on eBay with much regularity, it can be considered rare. I'd include Raiden and Hyperdrome, among others. But take it from me... nothing is harder to find than Krazy Ace Mini Golf. (In fact, if ya got a copy to sell, let me know! :D )

On the other side of this discussion, some games that seemed to be a lot rarer than they are now include Warbirds, Hard Drivin and Lemmings. When I first started collecting, Warbirds would sell for $40-50 easily. Now, I swear, practically every Lynx collection includes a copy of Warbirds. I wonder where all the copies came from?

Cheers,

Smeg

Edited by Atari Smeghead

Yep... Warbirds never seemed to be too expensive for me to get. I can agree that Krazy Ace Mini Golf is a tough one to get. I'd just assume pay for a fake copy at this point.

Do you collect the different cart styles?

I ended up doing that on a whim and got hooked. I can safely say that the Gates of Zedocon is the hardest curved lip one to find. Krazy ace is on that strange board from telegames... right?

Although I can't say for sure (never having seen one in real life) I believe there are a couple of different cart versions of Krazy Ace Mini Golf, but I'm thinkin' they are all of the green PCB variety. Actually, I'd even buy a "fake" copy, just to have it, (like I ended up doing for Raiden) but there aren't any of them around, either.

I have not begun the process of buying all the different styles of Lynx carts. Some day, after I complete the collection (if such a thing is truly possible, what with all the new games/demos coming out all the time) I might do that. Really, the next step might just be a Lynx I, to go with my Lynx II, and all the games AGAIN so I can Lynx up! :D

Cheers,

Smeg

Very interesting.

I thought about doing that, but I think I'm going to pass. Maybe a few games, but not all of them. I could have done that in the past with the Lynx lots I have bought and sold.

But One set is good enough for me. I just need to find some more playing time!!!