IGNORED

Turn of the tide- First VGA 2600 games on ebay!

It seems that a new era has begun- VGA make it possible that your common games are much sought after items know! I believe that in

the next few years graded Atari games become more and more expensive! And a lot of collectors (a lot of non Atari lovers) will jump on this train!

Have a look and enjoy! :ponder:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=003

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=004

Darn my friend didn't win for me. He had a snipe in of $15 or so on the Supercharger games and probably the next bid down on the Tron games for himself. If the winner is anyone here I would love to know the name/address of the seller. We have a theory about who it is and I would like to be proven right or wrong. Those games didn't sell for crap since it costs $24 plus shipping two ways to have them graded but I think you're right iwan-iwanowitsch-goratschin sealed Atari games are going to be going up in price soon.

y-bot

I'm going to be an iconoclast on this, and say that this whole 'video game grading' effort is a service in search of a market.

Similar grading 'services' exist for the comic and toy collectors and in my world, they aren't as necessary as they _think_ they are. As a buyer, I'm looking for a tolerable deal and try to get things as complete as possible. Sometimes, the box matters, sometimes I really don't give a damn. My personal collecting criteria is dependent on what the current item of my desire is. Even the condition of stuff has a threshold where I say, "Yeah, that's good looking enough. I don't need to upgrade that cart in my collection."

In a way it absolves the seller of any responsibility to describe the item. It's laziness coupled with artificial price inflation. In short, a sure-fire way for me personally to look at a 'rare and valuable, yet 99 44/100% perfect' item where I will simply smile, nod and move on to something else.

Hex.

[ Really wants to put together a long rant on this, but is honestly not in the mood to do it now... ]

they only do these for sealed games correct?

Rick

Correct!

Incorrect! They also do this service for games that were never sealed to begin with. So a game like Video Life or Rescue Terra I could get this service as well.

Aaah, thx for that info! So they would grade a terrible looking Bugs Bunny too?

Edited by iwan-iwanowitsch-goratschin

This... this is why I QUIT collecting baseball cards... for the most part

I think it is silly to 'grade' a card/game. Just leave it as be. I will never buy a game that has been graded. Just a personal thing I guess. I do know when I was younger, I didn't need someone to tell me my Nolan Ryan Rookie card that I traded for was off centered.. nor did I need them to tell me about the hairline crease you could see in the back of the card, but not the front of the card. I didn't care. All I know is that I had my hands on a Nolan Ryan Rookie, and that was the pinnacle of my collecting years. I traded what are now worthless cards/rookies and a few good ones that have also decreased in value for an off centered, dinged up Nolan Ryan rookie.

It may have only been about a 5 if graded... but it was awesome to have it sitting there by my Nolan Ryan autographed ball and right next to the other autographed balls of two guys I thought were going to master the game as well: The two: Roger Clemens and The Big Unit.

:)

This... this is why I QUIT collecting baseball cards... for the most part

I think it is silly to 'grade' a card/game. Just leave it as be. I will never buy a game that has been graded. Just a personal thing I guess. I do know when I was younger, I didn't need someone to tell me my Nolan Ryan Rookie card that I traded for was off centered.. nor did I need them to tell me about the hairline crease you could see in the back of the card, but not the front of the card. I didn't care. All I know is that I had my hands on a Nolan Ryan Rookie, and that was the pinnacle of my collecting years. I traded what are now worthless cards/rookies and a few good ones that have also decreased in value for an off centered, dinged up Nolan Ryan rookie.

It may have only been about a 5 if graded... but it was awesome to have it sitting there by my Nolan Ryan autographed ball and right next to the other autographed balls of two guys I thought were going to master the game as well: The two: Roger Clemens and The Big Unit.

:)

I think there is a place for third party grading and authentication of collectibles but there is a lot of stuff that goes on that is ridiculous. Using your example, what if the card had been pressed so that it was slightly larger than normal size and trimmed so it had perfect corners?

y-bot

As I suggested in another thread about this issue, the likely result of a widely-accepted video game grading system is a lowering of the prices of ungraded games. Excellent!

I intend to ignore all game gradings, so it's good news for me. However, I suspect that most collectors will do the same, which is bad news for the graders.

I'd trust the opinions of many AA members overs those of a commercial enterprise every time. I want nothing to do with this idiotic nonsense.

Darn my friend didn't win for me. He had a snipe in of $15 or so on the Supercharger games and probably the next bid down on the Tron games for himself. If the winner is anyone here I would love to know the name/address of the seller. We have a theory about who it is and I would like to be proven right or wrong. Those games didn't sell for crap since it costs $24 plus shipping two ways to have them graded but I think you're right iwan-iwanowitsch-goratschin sealed Atari games are going to be going up in price soon.

y-bot

If you're still needing a name/address let me know & I can pm you. I sold him one of the Tron games a while back. Winning bid for Deadly Discs was $17.50 plus $4.60 shipping. Adv of Tron was won for around $25-30 I think, he got that one from BuyAtari IIRC.

Is the price of VGA's service the same even if multiple items are being sent at the same time for grading?

y-bot

If you're still needing a name/address let me know & I can pm you. I sold him one of the Tron games a while back. Winning bid for Deadly Discs was $17.50 plus $4.60 shipping. Adv of Tron was won for around $25-30 I think, he got that one from BuyAtari IIRC.

Is the price of VGA's service the same even if multiple items are being sent at the same time for grading?

pm sent. I think there is a discount for multiple games but it's a pretty high quantity.

y-bot

^ You'll be waiting a damn long time to see any game with a rating of 100, let alone the one specific title that you seek...

Just throwing it out there that there is a premium to be made for gem mint titles especially when it is a buyers "favorite game". I've never owned a CIB smurfs that would get any higher than a 90 IMO so I know a 100 would be near impossible. BUT if and when one does show up I'll be first in line for sure.

^ You'll be waiting a damn long time to see any game with a rating of 100, let alone the one specific title that you seek...

Just throwing it out there that there is a premium to be made for gem mint titles especially when it is a buyers "favorite game". I've never owned a CIB smurfs that would get any higher than a 90 IMO so I know a 100 would be near impossible. BUT if and when one does show up I'll be first in line for sure.

I doubt that there will be many 100's. Think about this. The Parker Bros. games in my opinion should be the easiest to get a 100 sealed because the way the box is made. It is almost impossible for the shrinkwrap to crush the box. Yet of the Parker Brothers games I have seen on Ebay so far, none have gone higher than 90. Coleco Boxes seem to be more flimsy. If anything these should be one of the harder to get a high score on.

I doubt that there will be many 100's. Think about this. The Parker Bros. games in my opinion should be the easiest to get a 100 sealed because the way the box is made. It is almost impossible for the shrinkwrap to crush the box. Yet of the Parker Brothers games I have seen on Ebay so far, none have gone higher than 90. Coleco Boxes seem to be more flimsy. If anything these should be one of the harder to get a high score on.

Most toys I've seen AFA grade are 85-90 if they are really nice. Anything above that and they have to be case fresh and an exceptional example.

y-bot