IGNORED

Greetings: any english speaking AtariAgers from China / Hong Kong here?

Mark Wolfe

I recently had a discussion with some folks about the availability of classic [dead system] back-up units and how they are easily found and dirt cheap in China. I'm wondering if striking up a trade or barter friendship would be beneficial? Perhaps there are things I can obtain that you can not and vice versa?

PM if interested.

-MW

• 2 months later...
I recently had a discussion with some folks about the availability of classic [dead system] back-up units and how they are easily found and dirt cheap in China. I'm wondering if striking up a trade or barter friendship would be beneficial? Perhaps there are things I can obtain that you can not and vice versa?

PM if interested.

-MW

i am also curious about that topic. since mainland china didn't have any TV sets until the eighties, the console had a late start, althought it was (partially) build there ... might have been different in hong kong ...

i spent a year in beijing, but didn't see a single atari console or cart. is there any chinese labeled games? i think only some in taiwan have surfaced.

• 1 year later...

PM if interested.

-MW

i am also curious about that topic. since mainland china didn't have any TV sets until the eighties, the console had a late start, althought it was (partially) build there ... might have been different in hong kong ...

i spent a year in beijing, but didn't see a single atari console or cart. is there any chinese labeled games? i think only some in taiwan have surfaced.

Two years later, and also I only just discovered the 'international' thread.

I also spent some time living in Beijing. Amazing place. Could eat 4 times a day and become hugely obese - so lucky I returned to Australia. Also a very cool place for collectors of many things, but as for Atari - I didn't ever come across a single Atari related item.

pure lotus? where was it - and when were you there? which area did you live in?

I went back to Beijing a year after I left and half of my favourite restaurants were demolished - redeveloping for the olympics

i lived on jiadakou dong dajie ... close to the bell tower & houhai lake .... 2nd ring ...

pure lotus? where was it - and when were you there? which area did you live in?

I went back to Beijing a year after I left and half of my favourite restaurants were demolished - redeveloping for the olympics

i lived on jiadakou dong dajie ... close to the bell tower & houhai lake .... 2nd ring ...

cool, there was a good little market around the small bell tower - not far from the big one. I went to houhai a couple of times, to some clubs and there was a western supermarket chain there... can't remember the name... good for homesick snacks and milk.

We lived initially in a warehouse out near the 5th ring road in a place called beigao - an artists village full of studios. Some of the artists out there were big business - now their paintings sell for US$ millions - it obviously was too pricey to buy back then... but if i'd taken out a loan - i could have paid off my warehouse with it by now!

Then we moved to Gontibeilu, 3rd ring, in Sanlitun, near the workers stadium, to an apartment.

I'm guessing you spent some time at the (spelling?) panjanyuan markets on the weekend - how crazy was that!!

Fark! I wish i was back there!