IGNORED

A michigan gathering in the summer?

jboypacman

I was talking to Dalum today and we had the ideal of maybe getting some of us Michigan AtariAgers together for a day this summer.

We were thinking maybe a meet at Pinball Pete's perhaps if this sounds like a good ideal let me know maybe we could all figure out a good time to do this.

I think this would be alot of fun and we could grab lunch at the Pizza House maybe? Just something to think about. :)

I heard Pinball Pete's is a blast for us retrogamers, is that true? I'm in Dearborn Heights, so it appears we're all somewhat local here.

Yeah, there are several retro arcade games of which, I played Centipede and Frogger. There were also Ms. Pac Man/Galaga, Donkey Kong, Tetris, and a few others that I can't recall off the top of my head. Tons of newer games too.

I took my wife up there for her birthday, because she likes playing pinball, so we mostly played those games... Lots of pinball machines! Oh, and I had to hit the Skee ball, too! :)

There are also, several air hockey and pool tables, and other misc. games.

For those who haven't been to Pinball Pete's, here is a video tour I found on YouTube:

It's kind of blurry, so you can't really tell what the games are, but it gives you an idea of how much is there. It looks like a few things have been moved around since then, but it's pretty much the same.

The biggest problem I had was actually getting there. I despise driving in Ann Arbor. First, I missed the sign that said to stay to the right where Stadium Blvd. and Washtenaw split. I realized I made an error when I got to Michigan Stadium. Once I got that corrected and found Pete's, I drove up and down several blocks looking for parking. I eventually found a parking structure right behind Pete's.

As far as a meet up, Sunday's work best for me. I work Tuesday - Saturday. As long as I'm available, I'm up for either Pete's or someone hosting, as Tempest graciously volunteered.

Here are some potential dates that as of this moment work for me:

June 1, 8, 15, 22, 29

July 6, 13, 27

August 3, 10, 24

So far I count 6, who might be available: jboypacman, Dalum, Tempest, FABombjoy, DJTekid, and myself. What about spouces?

If that's the case, I'd be down, sounds like a great time, just hang out, meet some other retrogamers, play some classic games, eat some pizza, and all kinds of groovy things.

Datewise, I know that June 1st and 8th are both a no-go for me, as I'll be in the Mojave Desert with the Army, and won't return until the 10th. I'll see if my fiance wants to come too, she's a big retrogamer too, she just doesn't collect (she just plays all of mine!).

P.S. Also, Saturdays are grey-area, as I have a weekly Airsoft event that my team hosts in the evening, and being the team Commanding Officer, I cannot miss those unless absolutely necessary.

Edited by DJTekid

Look at me... Late to the party! :P

Since it started with Jboy and I, it's an automatic that I'm game. Which Pete's are we talking about? Since J is talking about Pizza House, I'm assuming Ann Arbor then? (AA in AA!) I could try to get my wife to come as well, who knows? I like that list. As time gets a little closer I'm sure that the dates will start to whittle down and we'll have a final one. I do know that off the top of my head, June 8 weekend is out. I'll go back to my calendar I have at home to get the rest of the dates that suck, if any. Void where prohibited.

I'm going to extend this to our old stomping grounds of (ex)SCP folk too. The size of the group may grow but nothing crazy huge either.

Edited by dalum

• 4 weeks later...

Any news jboy?

My wife and I were just up at Pete's again last Monday. She suffered 1st and 2nd degree burns on her hands, arms, and face, on March 16th, so we've been going to U of M hospital fairly regularly and Pete's is right around the corner. Today you can hardly tell anything happened to her. Pete's is the first place I took her as soon as she was comfortable in public again. :)

Any news jboy?

My wife and I were just up at Pete's again last Monday. She suffered 1st and 2nd degree burns on her hands, arms, and face, on March 16th, so we've been going to U of M hospital fairly regularly and Pete's is right around the corner. Today you can hardly tell anything happened to her. Pete's is the first place I took her as soon as she was comfortable in public again. :)

Not a bad place to be comfortable at. ;)

I'm still game too. Let's start getting a date on the board. I'm sure that SignOfZeta and Goat would probably be in as well. Zeta would probably be in regardless since he lives down there.

• 3 weeks later...