IGNORED

My U.S. Games Prototype labels are for sale...

krypton85

I think these are fake because if the labels were rereleases, they would have been a third modification (a lot of the US Games have two different physical versions). Besides, the second version of the game was released close to the crash so in terms of timing, a rerelease would have never occurred (unless they tried to rerelease the game after 1986 or something like that) which I highly doubt it.
Wonder, AFAIK these labels are second edition labels.

As you can see, the original first edition (black) labels are still visible underneath.

IMO U.S. Games had the idea to re-release their black label titles as second edition labels too, but for some reason they decided not to do it.

It wouldn't surprise me if they designed second edition labels for the other black label titles too (the ones that Carrere Video used in Europe):

http://www.atarimania.com/zoom_frame.php?T...amp;NUM_IMAGE=0

I really don't think these Carrere Video label designs did fall out of the sky above Europe.

8)

But why, it does not make sense from a timing point of view. That coupled with the history of the seller just does not connect. Besides, anybody can put a label over another....why do that if you are making a fresh batch of carts. And if that is the case, why create a new batch of stickers if the original stickers are on them already....doesn't make financial sense. I just feel very uncomfortable with these carts, there are too many variables.

As you guys know, I do not like to create controversy but Crunchy got ripped-off on this deal. :(

I don't know if he got ripped off. But the sellers history is the thing that scares me. The first impression he made on these boards with that bogus labeled cart is still firmly planted into my brain.

Edit: This was krypton85's very first post on this board.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...=101638&hl=

Edited by homerwannabee

I think these are fake because if the labels were rereleases, they would have been a third modification (a lot of the US Games have two different physical versions). Besides, the second version of the game was released close to the crash so in terms of timing, a rerelease would have never occurred (unless they tried to rerelease the game after 1986 or something like that) which I highly doubt it.

As you can see, the original first edition (black) labels are still visible underneath.

IMO U.S. Games had the idea to re-release their black label titles as second edition labels too, but for some reason they decided not to do it.

It wouldn't surprise me if they designed second edition labels for the other black label titles too (the ones that Carrere Video used in Europe):

I really don't think these Carrere Video label designs did fall out of the sky above Europe.

8)

But why, it does not make sense from a timing point of view. That coupled with the history of the seller just does not connect. Besides, anybody can put a label over another....why do that if you are making a fresh batch of carts. And if that is the case, why create a new batch of stickers if the original stickers are on them already....doesn't make financial sense.

The timing makes perfect sense to me.

I think U.S. Games wanted one uniform type of label, so they created the blue - white ones for each of their titles, including their original black label versions.

Who knows, perhaps they made blue - white boxes for these black label titles too?

IMO Krypton's carts are some sort of test carts to see what they would look like with their new label on.

As you can see, the beveled and square cart blue - white edition labels are actually the same, only cut differently.

Krypton's carts uses the the long wraparound blue - white labels too, only they cut out the end label with a pair of scissors to fit it on a beveled case type.

This and the fact that the printing looks genuine to me, make me believe that these are originals.

I know (perhaps more than any other person on this forum) that Krypton triggered much controversy in the past, but I think he's not presenting fakes this time.

But then again: I'm a positive thinker.

I often believe a glass is half full, instead of half empty.

BTW, here's the typing:

post-6203-1209630004_thumb.jpg

And here's the Entombed EPROM:

post-6203-1209630042_thumb.jpg

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

I also forgot about this one, besides the Guardian

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...label+variation

None of the carts in this post were fake, I sent the ones pictured in this post to Philflound for him to check out.

As for the original guardian label, yea it was fake, I never had the thing in my possession, I was asking on the forums about it and when I was told it was fake, I posted that it was fake.

8)

But why, it does not make sense from a timing point of view. That coupled with the history of the seller just does not connect. Besides, anybody can put a label over another....why do that if you are making a fresh batch of carts. And if that is the case, why create a new batch of stickers if the original stickers are on them already....doesn't make financial sense.

The timing makes perfect sense to me.

I think U.S. Games wanted one uniform type of label, so they created the blue - white ones for each of their titles, including their original black label versions.

Who knows, perhaps they made blue - white boxes for these black label titles too?

IMO Krypton's carts are some sort of test carts to see what they would look like with their new label on.

As you can see, the beveled and square cart blue - white edition labels are actually the same, only cut differently.

Krypton's carts uses the the long wraparound blue - white labels too, only they cut out the end label with a pair of scissors to fit it on a beveled case type.

This and the fact that the printing looks genuine to me, make me believe that these are originals.

I know (perhaps more than any other person on this forum) that Krypton triggered much controversy in the past, but I think he's not presenting fakes this time.

But then again: I'm a positive thinker.

I often believe a glass is half full, instead of half empty.

BTW, here's the typing:

post-6203-1209630004_thumb.jpg

And here's the Entombed EPROM:

post-6203-1209630042_thumb.jpg

8)

I need to check my US Games protos to see if the type is consistent.