IGNORED

Xbox 360 Connection problems

iswitt

I have been having some very annoying problems with my Xbox 360 being able to work properly during online play. Here's the deal: I am wireless, but when I check my connection on my dashboard, it says my connection is 100%. Also, I have checked and re-checked my modem and router, and they are working fine. However, when I get into a game online, say, Halo 3, my connection seems to suck instantly. I'm getting my ass handed to me every round and can't control it. I have repeatedly checked my connection using the test network option, and everything checks out.

Any ideas? Is there something I am missing? I'm not a hardware whiz or anything, but I think if my computer is operating at a full connection, I should be fine on my Xbox, too. Like I said, my modem and router work fine, and my Xbox is telling me that I have a perfect connection. It's only when I get into a game when everything messes up.

It's seriously making me angry. Almost six months without any problems and suddenly it's failing for no reason.

I could do that I suppose, but I have some really important downloads that I would rather not re-download.

What re-downloadable game update content is there on Live that is so important? :P

I guess if you choose free re-downloadable game update content over fixing your online, you probably aren't going to miss playing online. That's all clearing the cache deletes is specific game updates. Not saves...Not videos...Not demos. Updates that take a couple minutes to re-download. I honestly can't fathom why anyone would have a problem, pressing a button, and waiting 2 minutes for a game update, but whatever.

I will say this, if you aren't going to be going online....you don't need those REALLY important downloads anyways. ;)

Edited by moycon