retrogeek

Did you pre-order Wii Fitness?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Did you pre-order Wii Fitness?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm thinking about it

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I suffer from a bad back due to a fall I took last winter. I've been to the doctor about my on-going pain, and during a prior visit, she recommended a Wii to complement the exercise plan that I am already on. During my last doctor visit, (which was about a week ago) I mentioned Wii fitness and strangely enough she knew all about it. She claims the Yoga programs that come with Wii Fitness will help strengthen my back muscles and ultimately reduce the pain the injury causes.

With this recommendation, I drove down to a local Toys R Us and pre-ordered Wii Fitness for the Nintendo Wii. It's kind of pricey at $89.99 but if it can help my back then I am all for spending $90 for this peripheral.

I'm just wondering if anyone else is planning on pre-ordering / purchasing Wii Fitness for the Wii. It seems pretty decent!

Edited by retrogeek

I pre-ordered mine in the UK, but only because it also had free delivery.

It is a nice add on to the Wii for some gentle exercise, I bought it because I suffer from a degenerative back disorder (Ankylosing Spondylitis) and the best way to keep my back moving is with gentle exercise.

So far so good, it makes exercise fun, and I can do it with the curtains closed :D , no need to embarrass myself at a gym.

FYI the current price in the UK is £69.99 ($138) so yet again we get shafted in the UK :x

I pre-ordered mine in the UK, but only because it also had free delivery.

It is a nice add on to the Wii for some gentle exercise, I bought it because I suffer from a degenerative back disorder (Ankylosing Spondylitis) and the best way to keep my back moving is with gentle exercise.

So far so good, it makes exercise fun, and I can do it with the curtains closed :D , no need to embarrass myself at a gym.

FYI the current price in the UK is £69.99 ($138) so yet again we get shafted in the UK :x

I have a standard back injury but I can only imagine the pain you must experience. I don't really consider Wii Fitness a game (to answer another post in this one) but to each his own!

Damn, they're charging $138usd for Wii Fitness over in the UK? :(

What the heck for? Like all the Wii games, they'll be many of them in the stores so there's zero need to pre-order. When you want it just walk in and buy it.

I'm not sure if Wii Fitness will be easy to find on launch (in my area anyway). Most of the stores in my location are claiming that pre-orders are exceeding the allotted amounts being shipped in May.

It is, but it is still sold out in the UK. I posted a thread about it in the other Wii Fit topic.

I pre-ordered from Amazon; used a bunch of gift certificates that I had from the holidays and from using my Amazon credit credit card. I'm really looking forward to it. I run road races and stuff, but am currently carrying about 10 extra pounds and I need some help dropping them. I already love the Fitness test in Wii Sports, so this was a no-brainer. I hope they make a great snowboard game, too.

I have some Best Buy coupons that I plan on using when this comes out. I'm not going to pre-order it though, as I've yet to see any game ever sell out (maybe at one store, but not in a whole region). That hasn't happened since the NES days...

I'm really looking forward to it. It should spice up my daily exercise routine.

Tempest

I just popped in to Game Crazy to check out the used DS games and saw this...

post-4103-1209751511_thumb.jpg

has anyone else seen this? I haven't watched it yet, my wife is coming home for lunch soon so we are going to watch it together.

:lol:

I was given one at Toys R Us when I pre-ordered Wii Fitness; basically it describes how Wii Fitness works. It looks fun! Someone has already mentioned this but the Wii board would be perfect for a skiing / snowboarding game.

I didn't preorder it yet, but I am thinking about buying it when (if) the price drops a bit.

I'm getting it first week but I might want it first day so a pre-order is a maybe. I want to be sure to get the joyboard thing for Skiing cause the game is good (fuck what the review says) and also just in case the rumor about square making an RPG to use it with is true. Anyhow, ya I'm getting it for sure just not sure about the pre order.

Hi Guys:

The Wii Fit is a huge waste of money. The money that is spent for it, I can get a 2 year membership at my local gym. I go to the gym daily in the Bronx.

Anthony....

1. Not all of us live near a gym (I think the closest one to me is about 15-20 minutes away)

2. Not all of us want to work out in front of other people.

3. Some of us just want to do some light exercise and have fun with it.

Wii Fit isn't for the serious gym crowd, it's more for the casual exerciser.

Tempest