IGNORED

I think Quadrun is a rarity 7 in Mexico

homerwannabee

I have noticed a ton of Quadruns being sold in Mexico lately. What is more curious is that many are cart only. I have a feeling that a ton more Quadrun games were made for Mexico. I think the main reason they have no shown up until recently is that people in Mexico are finally realizing that this is a rare game. To prove my theory the seller responds to a question, and says that through a help of a friend he has been able to find "Quite a few" Quadruns.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...%2509%26fvi%3D1

You're probably right, Homer. Perhaps lots of Quadruns were shipped to Mexico after the crash, but why all Silver labels and yet no red Atari Corps? Surely it would be cheaper to ship to Mexico then Venezuela, yet Atari Corps shipped its games there (like the R10 Motorodeo). :lust: wish I had one... Oh wait I do, and Ikari Warriors. Just waiting for BMX Airmaster.

Anyhow I've seen a few Asterix's from Mexico lately (two I think). So for someone like me who would like to own a NTSC one if they find a warehouse full it is good.

I spoke to the seller of this auction. (umm... not that I cared. I only go after Rarity 1-4... remember. ) AHEM....

Anyway, the guy says he had someone gather a few for him down there. This is the last of his bunch... supposingly. I asked if he had any crappy labeled ones... As I wanted it. But this was his last one, again... supposingly.

• 1 month later...
I spoke to the seller of this auction. (umm... not that I cared. I only go after Rarity 1-4... remember. ) AHEM....

Anyway, the guy says he had someone gather a few for him down there. This is the last of his bunch... supposingly. I asked if he had any crappy labeled ones... As I wanted it. But this was his last one, again... supposingly.

Sounds like another mabb story. member when he said his supplyof motorodeo and ikari was "limited" and we all knew that was a crock of shit, we'll quadrun might as well be from mabb's limited stock. You follow me here?

I live in Juarez, Mexico and games like quadrun and asterix and other rare ones have been showing up recently on Mercadolibre (Mexico's ebay counterpart) at really low prices cause people selling them don't know the value of these games and then the Ebay Sellers that live in Mexico buy them up really cheap and re-sell them on Ebay, for example:

There was a CIB asterix that was bougth for about $10 dlls on Mercadolibre http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-19...leccion-ma8-_JM

And re-sold on Ebay for about $400 dlls,

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-atari-2600-asteri...1QQcmdZViewItem

And those quadruns they have also shown up for about $5- $10 dlls and then re-sold on Ebay by two well known collectors from Mexico

Theres also a seller that only buys ISS deluxe and non deluxe versions of the game for SNES for about $20 dlls on Mercadolibre and re-sells them for about $80 -90 dlls on Ebay

Anymore info please let me know

Bye =)