IGNORED

Atari800WinPlus with Vista

prixon

Hi

I recently got a new PC with Vista installed and I have tried running Atari800WinPlus 4.0.

It mostly seems fine except that the "H: patch" facility doesn't seem to work so I can't save files from an ATR image to a folder on the PC (normally would be able to LIST "H1:TEST.BAS" for example, having mapped H1: to a specific folder). It just gives Error 135 instead.

Can anyone confirm that it definitely doesn't work under VISTA or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,

P

Hi

I recently got a new PC with Vista installed and I have tried running Atari800WinPlus 4.0.

It mostly seems fine except that the "H: patch" facility doesn't seem to work so I can't save files from an ATR image to a folder on the PC (normally would be able to LIST "H1:TEST.BAS" for example, having mapped H1: to a specific folder). It just gives Error 135 instead.

Can anyone confirm that it definitely doesn't work under VISTA or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,

P

In Atari800WinPlus: On them menu Atari->Settings... dialog where the H: drive can be enabled, be sure the option to make the H: drive read-only isn't checked.

In Atari800WinPlus: On them menu Atari->Settings... dialog where the H: drive can be enabled, be sure the option to make the H: drive read-only isn't checked.

Ah yes, silly me. Should have realised that but it's been a long time since I last used it! Thanks VM.

Rgds

P

Edited by prixon

• 1 month later...

Thank you. Thank you.

><>RedBeard

/* Oh, and thank you. */

/* Well, an update: It is true that I forgot to check the 'H Patch' option in >Atari >Options. However, it still doesn't work properly for me. (I have a topic over in the Emulation topic ('pasting the buffer?') right now about this.) Essentially, I get ERRORs in between every line number and its statement. I got the chance to try v4.1, but it makes a high pitched squeal. So that's a 'no go' unless I can fix it.

Anyhoo, looks like I'll be doing a lot of typing right there in the emulator. Just like the olden days. */

Edited by RedBeard

There might already be a solution for this as I remember it being mentioned before months ago. If you don't get a satisfactory solution with the emulator under Vista, you can always use the free MS VirtualPC with a legacy OS.

There is supposed to be a complete rewrite of the emulator in the works btw, I would imagine if this is the case it will provide correct Vista support.

"Very simple, don't use Vista." - UNIXcoffee928

Hahaha. I laugh. (Seriously, though, I'm sure you know VISTA what you get if you need cheap, new hardware "off the shelf", so ...)

"...you can always use the free MS VirtualPC with a legacy OS." - Tezz

Can you give the quick "once over" on this? Download/install from Microsoft, then find an old copy of, say, Win ME that will run in a window inside Windows Vista? Forgive my ignorance, please.

><>RedBeard

/* By the way, don't forget to check the h patch. */

"...you can always use the free MS VirtualPC with a legacy OS." - Tezz

Can you give the quick "once over" on this? Download/install from Microsoft, then find an old copy of, say, Win ME that will run in a window inside Windows Vista? Forgive my ignorance, please.

><>RedBeard

that's pretty much a good desciption yes you can run various old (or current) OS's in a window on Vista, you can share the resources of your host PC, networking, printing etc. drag and drop is supported with the add on pack which you can simply select from the pull down menu.

You can download the current 2007 here free from Microsoft http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads...pc/default.mspx

Once installed, the wizard is simple to run through for whichever OS you want to use and from there you can choose either to dedicate a complete hard drive / partition of your pc to the virtual computer or you can create a virtual hard disk file in any location on your pc.

You can do this for as many os's as you have room for. they will be selectable from the console menu.

When you launch your newly setup OS configuration you will install the operating system from your install CD/DVD as you would do on your regular pc.

The virtual system is restricted from using any pci pci-e devices by the way.

Tezz.

Edited by Tezz