IGNORED

Gaming With Rogmeister - PS2: Baseball And Other Updates

RSS Bot

Last year I thought I was done with the PS2, so much so that I put what I thought were all my games for the system and let my sister-in-law give them away to a nephew of hers. Then I came across one game I missed including...then another...then I found a third that was actually inside my PS2. I couldn't find the case for it so I must've included the case and manual for that game (Rumble Roses) among the games I gave away so now I only have the game disc itself. Maybe I'll stop up at Gamestop some time and see if I can find a used copy of the game real cheap where I'd get the case and manual for the game. I asked my sister-in-law to ask about the case I gave away but it's been so long now that I imagine her nephew has long ago discovered there was no game inside and he probably threw the case away by now. The last few months I've also added to my PS2 library by picking up some cheap games (one or two used but mostly new) and now my current PS2 library stands at 11 games:

Black

CMT Presents Karaoke Revolution Country

Jak II

Maximo: Ghosts To Glory

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

Medal of Honor: Vanguard

MLB Power Pros

MLB 08: The Show

MVP 07 NCAA Baseball

Pop Cap Hits Vol. 1 (Mainly bought for Bejeweled 2 which I've enjoyed playing on my brother's computer)

Rumble Roses

All 3 of my baseball games were bought within the last 2 weeks or so. I bought MLB 08: The Show first after playing a demo of the PS3 version. I don't have a PS3 so I had to settle for the PS2 version. At least it was nice to have a (mostly) accurate roster for my Pittsburgh Pirates since the last baseball video game I bought is now 2 years old. I like it (especially since the pitching is similar to MVP Baseball, my favorite baseball title). It does seem a bit slow at times, though. On my birthday, I received MLB Power Pros which I had ordered from Amazon.com...I basically got it for free since I used an Amazon gift certificate towards it. My nephew Derek told me about this game, calling it an RBI Baseball-like game. That's not entirely accurate but this has a similar look to it. The day I got this, I went to my brother's home and he and I and Derek played a couple games of this against each other and I've played this virtually every day since then. Finally, yesterday I went to Wal-Mart and picked up MVP 07 NCAA Baseball which appears to finally be the final EA baseball title...they lost the MLB license and have had 2 years of using MVP as a college game. I like the game though I don't know about the recuiting part of the game and am not crazy about how, when you press the "X" button to speed things along you also happen to cut off the announcer in mid-sentence. I've now played 3 games and am currently 0-3 as the West Virginia Mountaineers...but I'll keep plugging away.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=4861