IGNORED

Flash kit for Lynx cartridges

Xyphilon

Hello

I was just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.

Last night, me and the misses watched an Indiana Jones movie. My first time actually (I know, shame on me). This brought up memories of the game Indiana Jones and the Faith of Atlantis (PC Game). Then I started googling, and came back to Atari Lynx. I owned one back in the day (Lynx 1), and had quite a few games. Sometimes we swapped games for a few weeks ... Thing was, some games were very hard to get here (common problem, so I read).

Now, Lynx is 'dead' now, except for a few user groups supporting it.

I was wondering if the following is possible. If I recall correctly, I did read about that a while back:

Is it possible to download original Lynx games to your PC, and then write them onto a(n empty) cartridge?

I am not talking emulator here. I want to play this thing on the actual Lynx machine. So, I buy some cartridges somewhere, download games, write them to the empty or wiped cartridge.

Is this possible, and if so, how would you go about doing that?

Hello

I was just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.

Last night, me and the misses watched an Indiana Jones movie. My first time actually (I know, shame on me). This brought up memories of the game Indiana Jones and the Faith of Atlantis (PC Game). Then I started googling, and came back to Atari Lynx. I owned one back in the day (Lynx 1), and had quite a few games. Sometimes we swapped games for a few weeks ... Thing was, some games were very hard to get here (common problem, so I read).

Now, Lynx is 'dead' now, except for a few user groups supporting it.

I was wondering if the following is possible. If I recall correctly, I did read about that a while back:

Is it possible to download original Lynx games to your PC, and then write them onto a(n empty) cartridge?

I am not talking emulator here. I want to play this thing on the actual Lynx machine. So, I buy some cartridges somewhere, download games, write them to the empty or wiped cartridge.

Is this possible, and if so, how would you go about doing that?

You can get ROMs here by atariage.com in the lynx section.

But i think its a shame to play on a real lynx with self-copied-games.

There are many shops in the web where you can buy original lynx cartridges and most of them shrinkwrapped.

Greatings Matthias

You can get ROMs here by atariage.com in the lynx section.

But i think its a shame to play on a real lynx with self-copied-games.

There are many shops in the web where you can buy original lynx cartridges and most of them shrinkwrapped.

Greatings Matthias

Had to get a new account eh Matthias? :D

I like to sample. I like to play games, and truth be told, if demo and flat out rom images were not made available, my knowledge of games would be limited, and I would not care about some things as run across the real thing.

Take Switchblade 2 and Toki for the Lynx. I had no idea what they were before last week. Thanks to Atariage and the roms here and the Lynx Highscore Club I've tried the games and if I saw some on sale somewhere, I'd probably pick it up.

I like the ability to load games so that I can try prototype games as they are found, and new creations.