IGNORED

anybody else see their eBay feedback number change?

Zwackery

In my 11+ years of using eBay and leaving feedback on over 900 transactions, I have left:

1 Neutral

4 Negative

and had 1 Rating Withdrawal

I am very, very particular about the decision to leave anything less than positive feedback. For those times when there has been an issue, more often than not, the seller and I have worked it out, and so I leave positive feedback. In those instances where a seller played the feedback hostage game, I simply never left feedback because I detested the unfairly applied retaliatory feedback. Now if the situation merits it, i.e., if something goes wrong and it cannot be addressed to the satisfaction of both parties, I will be much more inclined to leave appropriate feedback.

In those times where I am the seller, I leave my buyer positive feedback immediately with instructions to contact me should anything not be to the buyer's satisfaction before leaving feedback. In 273 rated transactions, I have only ever received positive feedback in return.

The ability to respond to feedback and add follow-up comments is still in place, should the need arise for either party to contribute additional explanation.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/feedback/respon...o-feedback.html

Mine went up by 200, but somehow my neutrals now count against me (both retracted negs from total idiots who actually didn't mean to leave negatives), and my feedback % went down from 100% to 99.4%.

I was very proud of my 100%. Now I'm just for eBay is teh suxor. My customer service is impeccable. Too bad my feedback is now peccable.

Mine went up by 200, but somehow my neutrals now count against me (both retracted negs from total idiots who actually didn't mean to leave negatives), and my feedback % went down from 100% to 99.4%.

I was very proud of my 100%. Now I'm just for eBay is teh suxor. My customer service is impeccable. Too bad my feedback is now peccable.

I feel the Same way. the Nuetral feedback brought me down

Edited by zach1845

I also saw a jump in my feedback, but it's not as much as I had guessed. I think I was 2026 and now it's 2200. FB% went down to 99.2 this is based off a rolling calender year not the whole 9+ years of ebaying I've done. And I guess previously only Negs counted against this now Negs or Neutrals, as that's what's showing on my activity in the past year. So anywho, I think now there will be more feedback left and more Negs/Neutrals because of the changes. And no fear of retaliatory FB.

Am I the only one who had a star change due to this?

I liked my red star better, that green seems presumptuous and I don't like it! :woozy:

I had a star change. Mine went up over 100 points and I passed the 500 mark as a result. The percentage stayed at 100.

Cool, congrats!

I still don't like my new green star. As a buyer, when I see that, I think $7 shipping on a PS2 game or a music CD, slow shipping and little to no communication. And, that's not me!

Oh well, what are you going to do and maybe it's just me and my OCD.

• 1 month later...

As of late August neutral feedback will no longer be used in calculating your feedback rate a recalculation will take place also.Also as of late October a buyer will be able to remove negative or neutral feedback they have left if the seller rectifies the situation.

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200807.shtml#2008-07-10113642