IGNORED

CGE2K2 Atari Releases

Albert

/features/cge2k2/releases.htmlThe first of our Classic Gaming Expo 2002 reports is now online, a pictorial of all the Atari-related games released at this year's show. We've put up cartridge, box, and manual scans of all the releases, along with additional information regarding each game. For those unable to attend the show, many of these titles can now be purchased, and information about how to buy each game is included where available.

By the end of the weekend we should have a detailed report about the show online, along with hundreds of great pictures taken during the event. Enjoy!

What happened to the Missing In Action cart for the 7800? I guess the title was a little prophetic.

Haha! I'm not sure what happened, but either they were having problems getting 7800 carts made or simply decided to hold it off until next year. Given the sheer number of games at this show and only so much cash to go around, if it was the latter reason then that was probably a wise decision. I have little doubt that we'll see it next year, as the version I played looked pretty complete.

I do have video of the game, shot at Philly Classic 3. I should endeavor to put it online, especially since the game hasn't didn't make it out in time for CGE2K2. :)

..Al

Albert Wrote:

I do have video of the game, shot at Philly Classic 3. I should endeavor to put it online, especially since the game hasn't didn't make it out in time for CGE2K2.

Yes, I know. I was standing there right next to you at Philly when you were filming it. :) It would be great to see some screen shots/video from it again. It looked like a cool game inspite of being unfinished. Now that were on the subject, it would be nice to read some interviews from some of the 7800 programmers. All the ex-Atari programmers coming out of the wood work were 2600 and 5200 programmers. Where are all the 7800 programmers?

Allan

As I recall, re, Missing in Action 7800, there was a problem with the manufacturing when they started burning/soldering ROMs. The game just wasn't dumping properly. They made an announcement about a month or so prior to CGE that these would not be ready in time.

I think I'm pretty certain that that's what happened.

Albert,

Any news on the Snow White or Real Sports Basketball?  Will these be sold too?

Yes, they will. After I finish my CGE Report (probably early tomorrow), I'll be slaving away at setting up a simple (for now) online store where people can purchase these and other titles. I also need to get some shipping supplies so I can have everything ready so I can ship as quickly as possible once I start receiving payments. Other games for sale will include Thrust Plus: DC Edition, Mr. Roboto, Warring Worms, Haunted House II 3-D, Super Pac-Man, and more titles down the road. :)

..Al