IGNORED

Kjmann's RMT Music

Kjmann

I'd just like to say thanks again, Sal. You've saved me many months of messing around and ending up with something not as good. I'm really impressed how close things are to the original now - better than I thought POKEY would be able to do. You and RMT are a great combo! Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Thanks Chris,

It's Always a pleasure to work with a coder as talented as you. I'm really looking forward to seeing the game with the music in it. hang in there chris. I know you'll figure out the RMT Quirks. =)

I'd just like to say thanks again, Sal. You've saved me many months of messing around and ending up with something not as good. I'm really impressed how close things are to the original now - better than I thought POKEY would be able to do. You and RMT are a great combo! Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Thanks Chris,

It's Always a pleasure to work with a coder as talented as you. I'm really looking forward to seeing the game with the music in it. hang in there chris. I know you'll figure out the RMT Quirks. =)

:lol: more perseverance than talent. Just to let you know it's working fine now - speed testing soon. Other testing shows we won't need to have separate 60Hz versions of the songs, which is good :)

well here's some really rough work to begin with on the baby elephant walk. it's not there yet but it gives you an idea what i'm doing on it.

just found out that the sap player is only good on a PC <and even there it's not so good>

so here is the XEX file.

UPDATE:

Download my songs from my website http://webpages.charter.net/windwar

Edited by kjmann

Alright, By Request. Nuke Nuke'Em.

Tell Me what you all think. =)

Oh My God!!! You ARE amazing. It's only been about 22 hours since I sent you the midi file. I can definitely tell that is Duke! There are some missing nuances - but I'm not complaining in the least. I figured I may hear back from you sometime next week, not within a day!!! :-o

I'm satisfied with it as is, I just wanted to see if it could be pulled off on an Atari 8-bit. Are you going to play with it further at all/do any refining? No problems if not - just curious.

Thank you so much for taking my request... I am in awe! Sal = :cool: , Timster = :dunce: ! LOL...

just found out that the sap player is only good on a PC <and even there it's not so good>

Hej, can you reattach the SAP archive? I knwo, tha SAPs sound a bit different but it's a bit easier to play it under SAP player instead of running the emu again and again...

thanks! ;)

QUOTE:

>Hej, can you reattach the SAP archive? I knwo, tha SAPs sound a bit different but it's a bit easier to play it

>under SAP player instead of running the emu again and again...

>thanks! ;)

Sure If you all want, I'll start putting SAP files in the Archives with the XEX files. let me know if you all want me to do this from now on.

UPDATE:

Here is a link to a good windows SAP player

http://asma.atari.org/bin/sapmp171.exe

Edited by kjmann

Alright, By Request. Nuke Nuke'Em.

Tell Me what you all think. =)

Oh My God!!! You ARE amazing. It's only been about 22 hours since I sent you the midi file. I can definitely tell that is Duke! There are some missing nuances - but I'm not complaining in the least. I figured I may hear back from you sometime next week, not within a day!!! :-o

I'm satisfied with it as is, I just wanted to see if it could be pulled off on an Atari 8-bit. Are you going to play with it further at all/do any refining? No problems if not - just curious.

Thank you so much for taking my request... I am in awe! Sal = :cool: , Timster = :dunce: ! LOL...

I'll continue to tweak duke nuke'em there are some more things i could probably cram into it. =)

it seems you have a lot of fun with RMT... ;)

I do. =) RMT is a good Program. It reminds me of Noise Tracker for the ST (one of my all time favorite programs).

I've had some people PM me and ask if I take Requests. The answer is YES. I do take requests.

If you have a request. sending me a MIDI file of the song would help so i can at least see what key the song is in and get an idea of how the song goes. I am a musician and having some kind of reference to the music is helpful. in midi form I can read the music on the staff.

Edited by kjmann

Here's a new one. Wrathchild inspired me with his awesome work on the beginning of this song. No Offence Wrath. =)

Just Couldn't help myself. it's too cool of a song.

So Here it is boys and girls. Final Fantasy. The Title intro.

UPDATE:

Edited by kjmann

Very nice!

Which version did you take that from?

For mine I used an nsf2midi conversion of the

NES FF3j as my guide for its notes/duration.

I used the MIDI File that i have. It's a nice version. I didn't know you could convert NSF to MIDI. Sounds like a cool program.

Here's another Work in Progress just for Sh#ts and Giggles. =)

Battle Squadron!

Since I'm trying to explain "Hardsynth" techniques, I was searching for a mod file of this tune (for converting it inside RMT) . Because, in original AMIGA "Ron Klaren" Style it is very chippy.

I recognize your "hit" synth-sound that is very "original"

With an optimized POKEY tracker, it is the exact style, pokey music can sound.

A part of it is this very high synth percussion sound, the synth sweeps and a nice baseline.

Heck.... I played Battle squadron multiple times, only for listening to the music :ponder:

Sounds good, but would be much better with filter waveforms.

How about theme to "Monty on the Run" ?

Filters aren't an option if i only have the 4 channels. i could use them if i was to convert it to stereo.

Never heard of monty on the run before. is it cool?

Filters aren't an option if i only have the 4 channels. i could use them if i was to convert it to stereo.

Yes it is... Ofcourse with 3 channels, some filter and without cat dying/squealing sounds ... It's called "SID-Music" ... and ofcourse with some "soft bass sounds" ... sometimes

;-)

Yes it is... Ofcourse with 3 channels, some filter and without cat dying/squealing sounds ... It's called "SID-Music" ... and ofcourse with some "soft bass sounds" ... sometimes

;-)

Indeed....

@ kjmann: it isn't even hard to compress two of the channels into one in your song.

you can f.e. include the hihat sound into one of the background melody track....

...but off course it's your choice...

by the way: To my opinion you can still do a lot about the sound/volume balance: the mixing of the tracks.

Um, Guys lets think for just a minute here, and by the way Emkay, I'm well aware of the method of using filter effects and the fact that it takes 2 channels. I said it wasn't an option in 4 channel mode because the filter effects take 2 channels and in battle squadron i used all 4 channels. I don't want to combine the drums and bass because it doesn't sound as full. although BRK that is a good option if i was forced to use it (After all I used it in the Space harrier Soundtrack). But this isn't for a game so i don't have to worry about how many channels I'm using. i can just go nuts in stereo and use the filters. =)