IGNORED

Kjmann's RMT Music

Kjmann

This is going weird. I don't understand why Samurai's post is interpreted as a threat.

You can see it from the other side:

If you really want to protect your RMT source files then it would be good for you to know that it's not possible when you're putting .xex and .sap files on your site.

In fact the RMT source can be ripped from both the exported .xex and the .sap file, so maybe it's good that you know now. Samurai only warned you, but did not make a threat.

It is even quite easy to rip the RMT from them :roll:

This is going weird. I don't understand why Samurai's post is interpreted as a threat.

You can see it from the other side:

If you really want to protect your RMT source files then it would be good for you to know that it's not possible when you're putting .xex and .sap files on your site.

In fact the RMT source can be ripped from both the exported .xex and the .sap file, so maybe it's good that you know now. Samurai only warned you, but did not make a threat.

It is even quite easy to rip the RMT from them :roll:

Thank you for the input BRK. BTW: Nice to see you again. I have had a discussion With Samurai in personal Email and he has Elaborated on his meaning and intentions. needless to say I don't see him as a threat at this point and I don't believe he meant any harm.

BTW: Thanks to Samurai for the email. I appreciate it. =)

But this situation, however it came about, has made me think long and hard about this. I have simply decided to release my songs in MP3 from now on to avoid such misunderstandings in the future. I just think it's a good Idea. also for the fact that I get a lot of emails from people asking "where can I get a player?" and "why can't I play these in Media player?" MP3's are just a better way to make them Universal. After all, I have People That have never seen Atari Age Before finding my site and Downloading the songs now. I've even had some requests to turn them into MP3 ringtones.

Thanks All. =)

Edited by kjmann

Hey, Kjmann!

Don't treat Samurai's post so serious. Let's think - are there SO many atari musicians around? ;) However, you can put the songs in any format you like...

I also thought about building some really big RMT-instrument repository. Something like it as in RMT package but "a bit" greater. The instruments should be sorted by distorsions (basses, drums, FX etc.) and by vbl-speed.

Very stupid idea? ;)

Greetz!

Hey, Kjmann!

I thought about building some really big RMT-instrument repository. Something like it as in RMT package but "a bit" greater. The instruments should be sorted by distorsions (basses, drums, FX etc.) and by vbl-speed.

Very stupid idea? ;)

Greetz!

I Think that's a great Idea Miker. I'd be happy to contribute. let me know. =)

Edited by kjmann

Hey, Kjmann!

Don't treat Samurai's post so serious. Let's think - are there SO many atari musicians around? ;) However, you can put the songs in any format you like...

Greetz!

There is no need to worry about the discussion with Samurai. I've already spoken to him in private email. There is no problem. the misunderstanding was worked out between the two of us. it's all good. =)

Hey, Kjmann! Don't treat Samurai's post so serious. Let's think - are there SO many atari musicians around? However, you can put the songs in any format you like...Greetz!
There is no need to worry about the discussion with Samurai. I've already spoken to him in private email. There is no problem. the misunderstanding was worked out between the two of us. it's all good. =)
I'm sure glad to hear that. Guess I misunderstood him (samurai) myself as well. I really don't know much about RMT music but I kind'a got upset when I could'nt download anything from the site after recently finding it before all this happened.

Anyway, I'm glad things are checking in well now and my apology to samurai for my angry words from earlier in this thread. Thanks kjmann. :thumbsup:

Edited by espire8

Alright everyone, the site is back up with some updates. I have done a major update to Hybris, and Shadows has some more added to it as well.

There is a new area I'm Working on, My instrument Archive. In the next couple of days I will have a 2nd page on my site where you can download any of my RMT instruments. Hope you all will make good use of them. =)

alright! Hybris is finished and available for download on the website. hope you all like it. =)
I don't remember hybris but Wow! ..and that's just title screen music? It sounds good enough for a space shooter in-game music as well! -at least to me.

Great job!

Quote : Espire8

I don't remember hybris but Wow! ..and that's just title screen music? It sounds good enough for a space shooter in-game music as well! -at least to me.

Great job!

Hybris was a space shooter game for the Amiga and Atari ST. It was a very cool game.

Hi Kjmann,

Sorry no, unfortunately spreading myself thin trying to do

lots and hence achieving little fast! Focus Mark, focus!! ;)

Certainly you'll see it posted on the AA forums when I do.

Regards & keep up the good work!

Mark

Cool, Right on Mark. I'll be keeping an eye out for it.

Also folks! I have posted the instruments that I use in my songs on my webpage for download.

I hope you can all make use of them. =)

• 1 month later...