IGNORED

Haunted House Scoring?

StanJr

How do you score yourself at Haunted House? It does not have any real "score." Its much more a matter of simply completing the game. But there must be some way to keep score, right?

I know most people keep times as score. I keep score by the number of matches it takes to complete the urn and get out. In case of tie, I then look at how many "scares" I have left.

I usually only play Game 9 since its the toughest.

How do you keep score?

I dont know that I ever kept score.... But I do remember at the end of the game when you leave the house and "Twilight Zone Theme" plays. I always rolled my eyes round and round.. sort of like a victory dance.

DoooDoooDooDooDooooDooooDoDo :roll:

Yeah, that's what I meant.   I did it last night with only 7 matches!  And one of the pieces was on the fourth floor!  

What a great game.

What level did you do with only 7 matchs? 9th?

1-2 are well easy, 3-8 offer a challenge but 9 (without a map) is nothing less than painful. I'd be well impressed if you did 9 with only 7 matches.

Adam

Yeah, on my 7 match run the first piece was on the first floor bottom right, the second piece was on the second floor bottom right, but the final piece was all the way on the 4th floor, middle right. I got caught 4 times in that run. I usually don't bother with the scepter or the key, unless I am really having trouble finding a piece and the monsters are bugging me.

And, thanks but no thanks, I'm just interested in having fun, no more world records for me. (I haven't heard anything from you guys, TG, about my Entombed score). :)

HH has long been one of my all-time favorite 2600 games. Haven't played it in quite a while, and when I did I don't think I ever managed to use only 7 matches on game 9. The number of matches used was always how I used to score myself. All this talk has made me want to take another crack at game 9. :)

I agree that luck has an enormous amount to do with your success, at least with regards to where the urn pieces are placed in each game. Still, Stan did manage that 7 match run with one piece on the 4th floor... 8)