IGNORED

Feedback Abuse that bound to happen and already happened

Hendra

EXACTLY MY POINT....

As a buyer I like the new thing, as a seller I HATE IT.

I have not brought myself to neg anyone yet, but I did pick three fights.

One was a bootleg GBA game (they refunded me, and I sent it back)

One was smoke related (I bitched) they said what do you want. I asked for an appology (wuss I guess).

If I didn't know how to get the smell out with kitty litter I would have been much more angry.

The other was for Coleco Super Action sticks. I paid for them a MONTH ago and they still are not here. I asked for a refund four times, and then he said he sent them today, was away on a trip. I plan to refuse them and stick it out for a refund. $15.99 shipping!

Prior to this my rating was more important than squabbling with a*holes. It does feel good to say what I think, but I think this is going to hurt eBay in the long run. People need to get along, there has to be a check and balance.

AX

EXACTLY MY POINT....

One was smoke related (I bitched) they said what do you want. I asked for an appology (wuss I guess).

If I didn't know how to get the smell out with kitty litter I would have been much more angry.

The other was for Coleco Super Action sticks. I paid for them a MONTH ago and they still are not here. I asked for a refund four times, and then he said he sent them today, was away on a trip. I plan to refuse them and stick it out for a refund. $15.99 shipping!

Prior to this my rating was more important than squabbling with a*holes. It does feel good to say what I think, but I think this is going to hurt eBay in the long run. People need to get along, there has to be a check and balance.

AX

Leaving negative feedbacks for those reasons is one thing but leaving negative feedback just because the sellers do not say thank you is ridiculous. Leaving negative feedback just because the sellers do not give the buyers positive feedback first is also ridiculous. I surely hope that eBay kick out abusive buyers like theoriginalkingfish for good but I doubt that they would do that. Buyers can now leave negative feedback for any reason or no reason.

This guy even indicated before hand that he intended to go in a rampage to neg sellers just for the thrill of it. http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?thr...040&start=0

Edited by Hendra

I think that the percentage of people with theoriginalkingfish attitude will be very minimal.If a seller does the right thing they should worry too much about receiving neg feedback.If Ebay are going to bring in such rules,then they should also have the balls to remove feedback like that given by theoriginalkingfish,so that sellers dont get incorrect feedback.

i have a crucial question:

until before may 20th, why should a seller wait for the positive feedback from the buyer to reciprocate?

in my opinion, if the item was correctly paid, and everything done as agreed between the parts, the seller MUST leave a positive, nothing else.

if the item is not paid.....well...burn the damn buyer in hell....

i'm happy because ebay has ended the feedback hostage situation, but the system still have to be improved.

i think the best way should be the double blind feedback.

Feedback abuse like this http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...ckLeftForOthers is exactly what bound to happen after eBay no longer allow sellers to leave neg feedback to buyers. There will be buyers looking for opportunity to do just like this and some of them may bid your item with impunity.

what a total a#@hole!!! He should be reported to Ebay that is totally unfair.

until before may 20th, why should a seller wait for the positive feedback from the buyer to reciprocate?

in my opinion, if the item was correctly paid, and everything done as agreed between the parts, the seller MUST leave a positive, nothing else.

i'm happy because ebay has ended the feedback hostage situation, but the system still have to be improved.

I agree with this 100%. It always irked me when sellers would wait until AFTER I left them feedback to leave me feedback. I know it is a little thing, but the sellers that left me feedback right away always seemed more honest and I would prefer doing business with them again. Then again, a seller who is listing 100's of items a month isn't going to get around to leaving feedback for a while and that is understandable too.

Edited by Warriorisabouttodie

EXACTLY MY POINT....

AX

Leaving negative feedbacks for those reasons is one thing but leaving negative feedback just because the sellers do not say thank you is ridiculous. Leaving negative feedback just because the sellers do not give the buyers positive feedback first is also ridiculous. I surely hope that eBay kick out abusive buyers like theoriginalkingfish for good but I doubt that they would do that. Buyers can now leave negative feedback for any reason or no reason.

This guy even indicated before hand that he intended to go in a rampage to neg sellers just for the thrill of it. http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?thr...040&start=0

As a Buyer, who doesnt love the fact that you can finally speak the truth now without recourse? I still think shady buyers, especially young'ns, will take advantage of extorting sellers. AFA this creepy buyer, I'd be willing to bet my left teste that the only reason he is now NARU'ed is because he did have the post about doing it for kicks. If a similar person does this but doesnt post that he's going to do it like this idiot did, they will get away with it... especially if they dont leave the same negative feedback for each seller. I think this is going to be a big problem soon enough and I think this maybe the beginning of the end for Ebay, especially if another site challenges for their clients soon. Chasethechuckwagon couldnt have picked a better time for starting up. I think many sellers are going to re-evaluate if its even worth it to sell on ebay anymore and even the good sellers will be hurt which hurts the collecting community in general. Hopefully Chasethechuckwagon does well regardless but it will be most interesting to see how this all plays itself out on Ebay for all Sellers, not just video game sellers. Yes I think we may look back in 10 years and say this was the true beginning of the end for Ebay. ;)

This comes down to perspectives again.

As a seller I feel like I'm being held hostage because if the buyer has not reason to work the problem out, they won't.

As a buyer, I think I should get good feedback once I have paid.

What eBay did to fix the problem, just creates a new one.

Buyers and Sellers need to work out their issues TOGETHER through communication.

You want a good and fair trading community, the feedback card should show six numbers.

Number of disputed/undisputed purchases

Number of disputed/undisputed sales

Number of purchase disputes resolved/unresolved

Number of sale disputes resolved/unresolved

post-18480-1211576944_thumb.jpg

None of this monkey star crap they got now is needed. If a buyer or seller has a problem it should take a squaretrade type resolution forum forcing communication and resolution. Those that have undisputed, and resolved disputes are the good sellers/buyers. Those with many disputes, and no resolutions are the bad ones.... and I don't have any degree. Why can't people who run these sites come up with something better than "ONE SIDED".

AX

I agree with this 100%. It always irked me when sellers would wait until AFTER I left them feedback to leave me feedback. I know it is a little thing, but the sellers that left me feedback right away always seemed more honest and I would prefer doing business with them again. Then again, a seller who is listing 100's of items a month isn't going to get around to leaving feedback for a while and that is understandable too.

Edited by the.golden.ax

Feedback abuse like this http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...ckLeftForOthers is exactly what bound to happen after eBay no longer allow sellers to leave neg feedback to buyers. There will be buyers looking for opportunity to do just like this and some of them may bid your item with impunity.

what a total a#@hole!!! He should be reported to Ebay that is totally unfair.

Don't worry he/she is NARU'd for the feedback abuse. Ebay came through on this one.

Under the current system, sellers should just leave feedback when the payment occurs if any feedback is to be left. Otherwise just dont. I like feedback after I pay. I feel like I am dealing with an honest seller when I buy on ebay. There is nothing to hold hostage of now so leave feedback immediately. What this guy did is trying to get sellers to do that, but it is a heavy handed way of doing things.

Under the current system, sellers should just leave feedback when the payment occurs if any feedback is to be left. Otherwise just dont. I like feedback after I pay. I feel like I am dealing with an honest seller when I buy on ebay. There is nothing to hold hostage of now so leave feedback immediately. What this guy did is trying to get sellers to do that, but it is a heavy handed way of doing things.

Buyers can do no wrong now apparently. I've had 4 people lapse past by 7 day date for payments. No one will ever find out these are non payers unless I put that as the postive feedback text.

I got 5 negatives because even though the packages were delivered fast, they filed a Paypal claim, I added tracking, and the person who tried to pull a fast one said I was rude.

Yeah, this system is great.

Yeah, this system is great.

I did not say the system is great. I said if these are the rules you have to play by then do one thing or not at all. BTW, I had already left ebay as a seller back in Dec 2006. I made no money using it. With all the other grief they are giving sellers, I bet their days are numbered.

Edited by Almost Rice