IGNORED

Modern Castlevania question

I was playing Castlevania Legacy of Darkness on the Nintendo 64 today for the first time and it got me thinking. Are there any other modern Castlevania games that are 3d or was this the only one that isn't a platform game? Personally I think while Legacy seems like a fun game (so far) it should of been called something else and they should of come out with a Super Castlevania V on the N64, but back then everything had to be 3d so I can see why they made the transition.

I was playing Castlevania Legacy of Darkness on the Nintendo 64 today for the first time and it got me thinking. Are there any other modern Castlevania games that are 3d or was this the only one that isn't a platform game? Personally I think while Legacy seems like a fun game (so far) it should of been called something else and they should of come out with a Super Castlevania V on the N64, but back then everything had to be 3d so I can see why they made the transition.

There are 2 3D Castlevania games for the N64.

There was a Dreamcast 3D Castlevania which got canned just before release...

There is at 2 PS2 Castlevania's in 3D (one is also on Xbox).

I much prefer the 2D DS, PS, Saturn, PCE, SNES etc games though...

Are there 2 Castlevania games for the n64? I was under the impression the second one is basically the deluxe edition of the 1st with a hi res mode. I dont think they are two seperate games just one is an upgraded version of another... of course I could be completely wrong too.

Interesting I wish I had a PS2 or Xbox to try those versions, too bad there isnt a Gamecube one. Eventually I'll get a wii, I suppose it is inevitable a Castlevania will come out for the WII.

There's been some Virtual Console Castlevania releases for the Wii already.

I wouldn't count on a Wii specific Castlevania, they seem content to have the series exist on portable game systems only now.

Actually a Wii-specific Castlevania was announted for the Wii and they're going to go a different 3-D version for the PS3 and 360

Are there 2 Castlevania games for the n64? I was under the impression the second one is basically the deluxe edition of the 1st with a hi res mode. I dont think they are two seperate games just one is an upgraded version of another... of course I could be completely wrong too.

Interesting I wish I had a PS2 or Xbox to try those versions, too bad there isnt a Gamecube one. Eventually I'll get a wii, I suppose it is inevitable a Castlevania will come out for the WII.

The 2 Castlevania games on the N64 are completely different. The second one is not just an updated version of the first, it is it's own seperate game.

According to Digital Press, Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness is "Kind of a upgrade to Castlevania 64, Legacy has a few new levels, new storyline (in fact the game takes place 8 years before Castlevania 64), two new characters (in fact the game starts you out as Cornell, a werewolf) along with a few new weapons. Beyond that it looks and plays just like its predecessor."

The "few new levels" part leads me to think it's more of a "remix" than a real sequel. Still, seems like it's worthwhile to own both.

--Zero

According to Digital Press, Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness is "Kind of a upgrade to Castlevania 64, Legacy has a few new levels, new storyline (in fact the game takes place 8 years before Castlevania 64), two new characters (in fact the game starts you out as Cornell, a werewolf) along with a few new weapons. Beyond that it looks and plays just like its predecessor."

The "few new levels" part leads me to think it's more of a "remix" than a real sequel. Still, seems like it's worthwhile to own both.

--Zero

Thanks for clearing that up. I own the second one which is supposed to be superior and always assumed there was no point in getting the first one. Once I finish Legacy of Darkness I will look for the first one.