IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Video Fun

RSS Bot

I need to have an update for my KWVT Video site. But first, I need some videos. One that I have in mind is a station identification in which they show buffalos eating grass, which is weird because there aren't any buffalos roaming around in northwestern Oregon. Maybe they're bison, I don't know. Anyone out there know the difference between a buffalo and a bison? Well, anyway, here's how I go about putting videos on my site.

#1 - Sit in my room watching KWVT. My VCR is hooked up to an indoor antenna. Armed with the VCR on and TV tuned into channel 68 (KWVT is normally on channel 17), I sit and wait for commercials to come on and press record, hoping something I haven't seen before shows up. Most ads on this channel are timeshares, get out of debt, DirectBuy ads, ads for scooters for invalids, etc., but sometimes, if I'm lucky, I get a local ad or something, and if I do, then it's on to step #2.

#2 - Put the video I want onto DVD This step involves the handy dandy VCR-to-DVD recorder I got when the first one broke. (Yes, this is the magic machine that I use to pump out all those Disney DTV Valentine special videos. :)) If I'm using a brand-new DVD, I have to wait for it to 'initalize' the disc, which usually takes a few minutes, as does 'finalizing' it, which I don't have to do when I'm doing this.

#3 - Put the DVD onto a data CD-R. I got this program that pulls videos from non-copyright protected DVDs and puts them onto a data CD-R. Only trouble is, it only does it in MPG format. :mad:.

#4 - Put the ad on to the internet. Since MPG format is a huge format, I have to go over to my sister's house to do this step since she has high-speed internet. I wish I did, but I don't want to go with Comcast because they're evil and will jack up the price after the introductory 6-month period.

So there it is, how I put videos onto the internet for you all to see. There is a problem, though: Hardly anyone visits this site. So do yourself a favor and mosey on down to about 3 years' worth of local Salem, Oregon programming. Yes, it's different from the programming we usually get from Portland. This site includes the commercial the government doesn't want you to see (well, kind of. It's unintentionally funny, so it didn't air that long.)

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=4906