IGNORED

Another Wii Owner

AtticGamer

I just bought a Nintendo Wii.

Messed around with the photo channel, created a Mii and played some GCN but I still haven't played any Wii games because at where I bought the console the games are too expensive but I'm planning to buy Super Mario Galaxy somewhere else ASAP. I haven't even opened Wii Sports as I'm totally boycottying that game.

It's a nice system, very small and the controls feel responsive enough. I can't wait to get some VC games as well and a NES decalgirl skin.

Seriously why boycott Wii Sports? It's a fun game that's easy to get into and it'll teach you the basics of using the WiiMote and Nunchuck. Not to mention that it's as much of a killer ap as anything I've seen in business.

Anyways a few recommendations:

Wii Play (fun if you think of it as a $10 game with your $40 Wiimote)

Resident Evil 4 (if you don't own the Cube or PS2 version)

Super Smash Bros: Brawl

Link's Crossbow Training (a fun budget title)

Super Mario Galaxy obviously

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is almost perfect - one of my favorite games this generation, and I'm not even a huge Metroid fan. They fixed all the annoying and frustrating things about the previous Prime games, and polished everything up to perfection. If you like light gun or rail shooter games, I can't recommend Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles enough. They really did an excellent job. Zack & Wiki is also a great game, and I think it dropped to $30 or so. Godfather: Blackhand Edition is also really well done - it's probably the game that showcases what wii motion controls can be. It doesn't look all that great, but it's a blast. Congrats on the new system, I've had my Wii since launch and it's been a lot of fun.

Edited by BydoEmpire

I haven't even opened Wii Sports as I'm totally boycottying that game.

Absolutely idiotic...

Your loss, kid.

I'd rather play Super Mario Galaxy.

Yeah, a good loss.

I'd rather have a steak than a burger but I'm not going to turn down a free burger while waiting for the steak

But then again it's your loss

I haven't even opened Wii Sports as I'm totally boycottying that game.

Absolutely idiotic...

Your loss, kid.

I'd rather play Super Mario Galaxy.

Yeah, a good loss.

I'd rather have a steak than a burger but I'm not going to turn down a free burger while waiting for the steak

But then again it's your loss

Exactly. The OP has to be the king of shit-for-brains. I could understand if Wii Sports came in a sealed case and there was more money to be had by trading it in or Ebaying it in that condition, but it comes in a disc jacket. There's no reason not to play it. The OP's (il)logic completely baffles me.

Anyway, can someone here tell me if Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 is worth buying? Does it last long?

HoH: Heroes 2 is fantastic. There are three separate modes: Campaign, which is your traditional WW2 FPS - I haven't completed that but I'd guess around 8-10 hours or so. There's also an Arcade mode, which essentailly turns the campaign into a light gun game. It's awesome. If you like arcade-style light gun games it's definitely worth a purchase - another 6-8 hours, I forget how long it took me to get through. Each stage has scores and rankings for some replayability. Finally, there's full 32-player online deathmatch, team deathmatch and capture the flag. It uses the EA Personna system, so no friend codes required. I haven't been online in a while, so I'm not sure how many people are still playing, but it was pretty addicting. No voice chat hurts team-based games a bit, but it was still pretty addicting.

Presentation, graphics and sound are all top notch (the online mode does take a hit graphically). The contros are perfect, yet completely adjustable to your taste. This and MP3 Corruption show how to make FPSs on the Wii.

Do NOT get MoH: Vanguard on the Wii - it's garbage. But Heroes 2 is fantastic, definitely recommended. The only knock against it is that it's "yet another" ww2 shooter. If you're not completely burned out by the genre, give it a shot, especially if you like light gun games. You get a lot for your money.

RE: Wii Sports - not everyone has to like every game. So Atari_Kid doesn't like it, big deal? I think it's fun, but honestly I've barely played it at all and I've had my Wii since launch.

Edited by BydoEmpire

There's no loss to playing Wii-sports other than it will get you used to the Wii-mote for future gaming. Wii-sports is free and you get what you pay for. It's just very basic games with no options, and no depth. But it does help learn the controls. If you do play it, you'll be bored within a week.

Also, don't waste your money on Wii-play, for the extra $10 to get the Wii-mote, it's not worth it, it's absolutely terrible.

For $20, get Game Party and Excite Truck. Those are both excellent games.

Rayman Raving Rabids is ok, but it's boring and repetitive, I'm about 40% into the game and just stopped playing.

Mario Kart Wii is probably the worst Mario Kart I've ever played, BUT, it's very good if you've never played Mario Kart, but I'd wait for it to drop in price before getting it.