IGNORED

Snow White IS Beatable!

Tempest

I was playing around with the Snow White prototype and I discovered that the game DOES have and ending.

Everyone assumed that the third level was unplayable and just ran in an endless loop. Well there is a way to win the game on this screen. Every now and then a small white blob will randomly appear at the bottom of the screen. This blob is almost impossible to catch, but if you do the Queen will back off the screen and you'll see all the dwarves dancing around with some victory music. This is the same screen you see at the begining of the game, but with different music. I'll admit its not much of an ending, but it's the best thing we got.

The game is much more complete than we're giving it credit for. I'd say this puppy is at least 70%. It just has a bunch of bugs that need to be fixed (especially in the river scene). Speaking of the river screen, I've noticed that there's some sort of randomness to jumping on the log. Moving around doesn't seem to have anything to do with wether you'll sucessfully jump on the log. I've moved my dwarf all the way to the left or right and still made it on the log. The key seems to be to jump on the center of the log. I've also noticed that it's much buggier when jumping from the left edge of the screen. It almost seems to be random sometimes... I've also had my dwarf fall off the log while moving around, so it's best to stay put! In case you haven't figured this screen out, you need to jump on the log, ride it down the river, and jump on the river bank on the far right. Once there just move off the screen to the right.

I also finally figured out the diamonds. The diamonds stop the bat from dropping the rocks only AFTER its start to drop. When you see the rock falling, press the fire button and it will disappear. This also works on the third screen when the bat seems to be shooting lasers at you. :)

As for the white blob, I don't know what it represents. My best guess is it's the path out of the forest.

I also noticed a bug in the mines. Occasionally you wont catch the diamonds even though your right next to them. It might be that your hand (which bobs up and down) must touch the diamond.

Snow White is a pretty cool game once you learn how to play it. Too bad the second board is so badly bugged. Oh and a word of warning, the hard mode is HARD!

Tempest

:o

Thanks to let us know. I must now try it. :) :) :)

In the easy version, the bat do nothing I think. And you not need to catch any diamond in the first screen. :)

Yes, it work, I have now finished the game.

But it is very hard, to catch this white Obstacle. It jump always to a diffrent place. So its only luck when you can catch it. But by the second try I have get it. The first dwarfs was hit by a tree while I try to catch it. :D

I must try too the hard version of this game. ;)

I have now try and try, most there is no white thing in the third screen. What must I do, that this come? Or does the game work not correct on my Atari 2600 Jr.? Only in 1 game I have see this white thing. Then everytime nothing.

And I always loose my Diamonds in the second screen without press the button? :?

At the third screen. Sometimes there is no white Obstacle. Then you can't finish the game. Thats bad. :sad:

Hmm... I don't know why the white blob wouldn't appear, it might be a bug in the game. I know I've played the game on hard mode and the white thing was still there (but it moves even faster!). You shouldn't loose your diamonds on the third screen, you've probably just found a bug.

It may be that this prototype has trouble on the 2600jr. I'm playing mine on a 7800 and it seems to work just fine.

Hmm... I don't know why the white blob wouldn't appear, it might be a bug in the game.  I know I've played the game on hard mode and the white thing was still there (but it moves even faster!).  You shouldn't loose your diamonds on the third screen, you've probably just found a bug.

It may be that this prototype has trouble on the 2600jr.  I'm playing mine on a 7800 and it seems to work just fine.

Maybe this is only a bug on the Atari 2600 VCS Jr. Must try it later.

And I loose the diamond in the second screen. Don't know why. They are at the beginning there. But then they go and go and go. And then they are gone. Maybe my botton is not working right? Must try an other joystick or console.

Only 1 time there was this white blob. And after I lose my first Dwarf I have get it with the second Dwarf. This blob was still there.

But then I have try and try and it was gone. Don't know what happen.

And I can't remeber that I see this white blob the first time as I try the game?

And on the Atari 7800 you can only play the hard mode, or I am wrong?

I always tried to avoid that white thing and thought I would win the game, when the black character reaches the white one. :-)

Now I know better, thanks! :thumbsup:

The black character is the evil Queen (or witch). The white charcater is Snow White, and you must protect her from the evil Queen. :D :)

No on the 7800 you can play in both modes. It's just the left difficulty switch that changes the difficulty (A= Hard, B= Easy).

Tempest

:D ave not see the difficult switches before. But now I have see them at the front of the console. The Atari 2600 Jr. has them on the back, so I have not found them. :D ;)

Will try it later again on my Atari 7800. Maybe its a bit diffrent. :)

Ok, I have try it know again on my Atari 7800 in easy mode. It work great.

I don't lose my diamonds anymore. Maybe I must test the joystick or its a bug with the Prototype on my Jr.?

And the white thing is always at the third screen. So I can finish it. But its hard to catch. :D :)

But now it seems, that this game is near complete. I think more then 70%. Maybe 90% or a bit more? :)