IGNORED

eBay: from the bfstats Collection - RESCUE TERRA I CIB

bfstats

Thank you, Gentlemen! As desirable as it is to make plenty of money on each sale, reputation on eBay, and especially here at AA, is worth more. In the Classic Gaming Community, many trusted friendships have been built on this philosophy.

One thing should be noted. BFstats bought this game and all his games when they first came out. If this was a comic book collection than he would have what would be called a pedigree. As the hobby becomes more refined I would not doubt that these games would have special added value due to the historical significance.

One thing should be noted. BFstats bought this game and all his games when they first came out. If this was a comic book collection than he would have what would be called a pedigree. As the hobby becomes more refined I would not doubt that these games would have special added value due to the historical significance.

Pedigree comics are those that came from legendary collections in which the overall condition was vastly greater than anything anyone had ever seen before or those that came from a famous or legendary person in the field. Comics from the mile high collection for example are often the highest graded examples of that comic ever found. This was an important detail in the days before grading services and the ability to scan pictures on a computer and send them across thew world. Knowing a book was from a famous find would give the buyer some idea of what a great item he was getting without a single picture. Believe it or not those familiar with Mile High books can tell a book from this collection book by the smell alone. Where comics which were Stan Lee's personal file copies which for the most part were in not so great shape had value just because it was once owned by Stan Lee.

Now that we have grading services in all major hobbies, the only new pedigrees I see in the future would be those of legendary or famous people. A simple Combat cart owned by Nolan Bushnell or an Odyssey game owned by Baer might qualify one day for such status but not a game from a collector. I just don't see a collector paying more for one copy of a game in the same condition as another copy offered for sale based on which collector once owned it.

Oh oh, I can hear it coming, it's coming....

wait for it....

ATLANTIS II

Pedigree comics are those that came from legendary collections in which the overall condition was vastly greater than anything anyone had ever seen before or those that came from a famous or legendary person in the field. Comics from the mile high collection for example are often the highest graded examples of that comic ever found. This was an important detail in the days before grading services and the ability to scan pictures on a computer and send them across thew world. Knowing a book was from a famous find would give the buyer some idea of what a great item he was getting without a single picture. Believe it or not those familiar with Mile High books can tell a book from this collection book by the smell alone. Where comics which were Stan Lee's personal file copies which for the most part were in not so great shape had value just because it was once owned by Stan Lee.

Now that we have grading services in all major hobbies, the only new pedigrees I see in the future would be those of legendary or famous people. A simple Combat cart owned by Nolan Bushnell or an Odyssey game owned by Baer might qualify one day for such status but not a game from a collector. I just don't see a collector paying more for one copy of a game in the same condition as another copy offered for sale based on which collector once owned it.

Well difference is I was trying to be nice and build up a fellow board members auction. You on the other hand seem to be tearing that auction down. Hope you are happy with yourself.

P.S.

I don't have any of BFstats games so calling his collection pedigree helps me in no way.

To homerwannabee: Thank you for the buildup. Unexpected, and most kind.

To Buyatari: Your point is very well put, and I agree with it. The only PERCEIVED advantages in buying my games over someone else's are 1) The descriptions of what I sell are honest and accurate to the extent that I will refund everything if a buyer is not 100% satisfied with the purchase, and 2) A potential buyer can be assured that whatever is bought from me will be in EXACTLY the same condition as when I purchased it - no matter how many years ago that may have been.

I claim no pedigree. However, I DO have a passion for this hobby that goes back to my first purchase in 1981, and everything I have acquired has been well-preserved. I would like those who buy from me to have the same excitement over their purchase as I did back in the day. My only regret is that I have only one of each item to share with the community.

To homerwannabee: Thank you for the buildup. Unexpected, and most kind.

To Buyatari: Your point is very well put, and I agree with it. The only PERCEIVED advantages in buying my games over someone else's are 1) The descriptions of what I sell are honest and accurate to the extent that I will refund everything if a buyer is not 100% satisfied with the purchase, and 2) A potential buyer can be assured that whatever is bought from me will be in EXACTLY the same condition as when I purchased it - no matter how many years ago that may have been.

I claim no pedigree. However, I DO have a passion for this hobby that goes back to my first purchase in 1981, and everything I have acquired has been well-preserved. I would like those who buy from me to have the same excitement over their purchase as I did back in the day. My only regret is that I have only one of each item to share with the community.

Well you are still the Original Owner. Something that is still pretty cool. :)