IGNORED

Favorite System that no one else liked?

I have been a long time fan of the Odyssey 2, although a lot of people don't care for that system. Carts like Attack of the Timelord and Quest for the Rings still have a lot of magic for me. :)

Kinda funny hearing all this talk about the Sega Saturn. I've recently come across a couple of good deals (I think) on Saturn systems, and have been wondering if the console was worth the investment. I may need to really consider purchasing one after all... :ponder:

I was one of those who did not speak so well of the Saturn and DC but I do like both systems, I just didn't care for the way Sega handeled those systems. I own both systems and think they are good but I just think they coulda been much better if sega had stood by them a lil longer.

But back on the subject I have to agree the Odyssey2 is a good system that apparently gets no love. I had one as a child and had to go out and overspead to get another one but there are a few good games that are there.

just a few ramdom thoughts,

Z28in82

i'm prepared to take some mocking for this...

i LIKED the game.com, seriously i picked it up for cheap at best buy just before they disappeared from the shelves. it was sort of a challenge going to all the stores in the malls and tracking down the games at the sunset of its short life. i used to play duke nuken, sinistar and mortal kombat on the train home from work every night. well then i got a nomad and serious collection of dead AA's and...

I've never known anyone who didn't like the Dreamcast, so I can't say that...

The Jaguar is definitely my underdog favorite... I've always liked it. The 32X is kinda nifty too, but it doesn't exactly make my top-ten list.

I still really want to get a Vectrex...

--Zero

turbografx 16/turbo duo. this hting didnt have many games, but alot of the later titles were awesome. it also was the first to attempt and all cd format and had the best portable system until the gba, just alittle too pricey(though it ensured quality), too japanesey(for some) and too poorly distributed in the face of genesis and later snes

in 1990 it was my system and nothing else mattered itold kids at school what i owned and it was mix of laughs and huh's when i said turbo grafx 16

i bought games for it up until the end in 1995 when they just stopped making them and dissapered from the used racks quickly, but its still near and dear to me.

I'd say the Saturn. lovely machine.

Oh Bez, that rumour about Ms paying off Sega is so not true. I don't know where that started. Ms don't have exclusive anything with Sega - who are currently making more money than they ever have (which is why they ditched hardware) making 3rd party titles. And the vast majority of their new cash has come from Super Monkey Ball on GC anyway. Sega have never been so sick as to need Microsofts money.

I'd say the Saturn.  lovely machine.

Oh Bez, that rumour about Ms paying off Sega is so not true.   I don't know where that started.  Ms don't have exclusive anything with Sega - who are currently making more money than they ever have (which is why they ditched hardware) making 3rd party titles.  And the vast majority of their new cash has come from Super Monkey Ball on GC anyway.  Sega have never been so sick as to need Microsofts money.

your right that they don't have exclusive rights, but MS DID buy out Sega with the DC, MS and Sega have been in bed together ever since the DC with windows CE and MS DID INDEED cut a deal with Sega to drop the DC and wanted them to do exclusives for the xbox only, but Sega wouldn't go that far...but you can bet your salary that Shenmue II is never comingout on any other systems besides the DC and XBOX, as well as several other titles...the thing is that Sega stated long before the release of the DC that it would be their last system anyway, so it was no biggy for them to cut a deal with MS and drop it early. I can dig up quite a few articles about deals between Sega and MS, but I don't have them handy right at the moment...But I am confident enough to BET MY LIFE that Sega and Microsoft cut a deal that got the DC dropped early, Sega didn't mind because it wasn't selling as well as they had hoped anyway. SEGA WAS PAYED $$$ by MS to drop it and make SOME exclusives (like Shenmue II) for the Xbox, but the deals made were for the UNITED STATES only, which is why games were still released for the DC in europe and japan. Microsoft offered to buy Sega off COMPLETELY...they made the same offer to NINTENDO too!