IGNORED

My latest game idea!

Atari Master

A while back I posted one of my game ideas. Even tho I can't program a 2600 game yet I wanted to ask you how you like my latest idea.

The game is called Gold Rush. You dig in a cave trying to find Gold wich makes your points go up. You also find Silver and Fools gold. But yah gotta watch out cuz over head thoes pointy cave rock things are falling trying to kill you!

Hows that sound?

In Dig Dug you dig your way underground to blow up monsters. In this game you hammer rocks inside of a cave and when you get a rock hammerd you might find gold and yah might not. And while your doing that you have to be dodgeing falling rocks from above.

Gold is worth 1000 Points

Silver is worth 500 Points

Fools Gold is worth 100 Points

And for all the rocks you bash you get 10 Points

I can draw a screen shot of what I want the game to look like. Saidly, I can't program 2600 games.

Sounds suspiciously like Dig Dug  :D  But hey, knock yourself out!  I bet you could make it unique and interesting.  Of course the ultimate mine game is Moria.  I wish I could program that game in 32k  :roll:  

calamari

Is that a DOS game? I vaguely remember that game as a few friends at school were playing it. (I never did though.)

Up until recently, I never made the connection between the title of the game and the Moria from Lord of the Rings. Was the game actually named after the mines from the book?

A game idea I'd like to see: Women's Pro-Mudwrestler... :wink:

Yep, Moria is (very) loosely based on the mines of Moria.. it's a roguelike game. Hack/nethack didn't exist at the time, but it's similar to that, only it has more of a pure AD&D style. Full source is available, but it doesn't help much in a port because it compiles to 300-400k :) I was messing around with it back in '97 before I gave up and started on Solitaire. Here was how far I got:

moria.gif

That was the "town". Yeah those are doorways out in the middle of nowhere. I didn't have very good screen routines at the time.

calamari

ehm.... seems like it is a different game than boulder dash clones...

but i havent understood the gameplay 100%...

btw. o'rely's mine is brilliant! i love 8bit games with "time changing" backgrounds like going down sunset, etc... nintendo & sega made great use of that feature as well...such with the build in realtime clock...

remembers me on 2600 realsport volleyball (the shark... ), enduro, the great american great country road race (??? activision with the longest game title... ;) and one of the 1st 8bit 3d intros...) TGACCR is a all time fave...and it saves records... oh...sorry... swimming in memories...

sorry...i got download an ATR of that games...

hve