IGNORED

Geometry Wars Galaxies $16.96 at Circuit City

As the topic states, I was just at one of my local Circuit City stores and they had quite a few games on sale. Nothing new there, but they also had about 3 or so Geometry Wars Galaxies for the Wii and DS in the bins for $16.96. I felt that at least for the Wii version this was a good price. I haven't played it yet, but I do plan to soon.

Anyway, if anyone else had been thinking about picking this title up yet but hadn't. Then I think this is the time to do so...

Agreed!

This is the title that has been in my Wii more than anything else I own. I paid the full $40 because I didn't want this to be another Ikaruga. The DS version isn't so great. There are a few mechanics differences and I've had slowdowns on my DS fat. You should consider buying the DS version or at least having access to a copy so that you can unlock the last system. When you attach for the first time, they will unlock each other. So that's kinda nice.

Hex.

[ They said I had to clean the house up... and I say No. No. No. ]

Man, now you tell me. I just got it at Best Buy for full price! :mad:

(It was an anniversary gift, so I guess I'll survive. :P)

Great game, BTW. I don't have a sliver's chance in hell of ever placing high in the scoreboards, but the frantic gameplay just keeps you coming back again, and again, and again. :)

I just picked this up for the DS for $20 at GS - I'm really enjoying it so far. They really added a lot to the game, and it definitely has that "one more round" quality.
Yeah, that is what got me hooked. What I noticed in the DS version is two relatively major things. The first is that you can shoot through the snake's tail. The second is that the gravity wells aren't as easy to spot as they are on the Wii version. Other than that, the levels between the two are very similar.

As for the Wii leaderboards... I think I was in the mid 500s last I looked. I managed to pull top 50 on a few individual levels... And of course, more geoms than I know what to do with now. <shrug> I need to get medals for 6 boards and I've at least 'cleared' the game. All golds on some of them is gonna be stupid-hard.

Hex.

[ Sanity is one of those things.... You either have it... or you claim to have it. ]

Snagged it today for the sale price at CC. Also got (but havent tried) Mercury Meltdown Rev.

I can get by w/ the Wiimote/nunchuck control. Once I turned off the targeting laser & reticle it was better for me.

AWESOME GAME BTW.