IGNORED

Good find today an eprom cartridge?

supaevil

After stopping by three or four yardsales with nothing but clothes i stumbled upon a driveway full of different items. I walked up to where they had there sega genesis items only growl with the box interested me in the slightest since i didnt have it. I asked the man if had happened to have an atari and he said oh like this and right in front of me in a box was a four switch atari and this funky looking cartridge my heart skipped hoping that this strange cartridge was a proto of some sort. He told me you know what this does he said you take these chips wich he had labled and stored in cassete taps with foam protecting them. He says you put this chip in here pointing to the cartridge with two switches one switch flicks to the 2k or 4k and the other switch flips to a or e. Once the chip is in it plays that game all the game chips were common ones and he had 15 of them i bought the atari two almost new joysticks and the roms and cart for 25 bucks i didnt even try to talk him down i was happy i needed a new atari to replace my flickering vader. The good news is the atari works the bad news is that all i get is colored bars when trying to use the chips. Has anyone heard of something like this i found it interesting how much you think i could get for something like this.

This is evil out!

What you have there is a pirate EPROM rig. Employees and people who had access to EPROM copiers used to copy games onto EPROMs and play them on specially made carts like the one your describing. Basically it was an early for of game copying. Its neat to have and definetly worth $25, but they're only somewhat uncommon. I got one off ebay years ago with 40+ chips for $60.

Tempest

I just got one of these as well -- actually, two of them :)

One has a normal socket, the other has a different type of socket that looks like it prevents the pins from being bent.

There are probally 40 or so ROMs and EEPROMS, but I haven't had much of a chance to play with them yet :(

I got this, a 2-switch and a Sears 4-switch, a box of joysticks, paddles, and other cables, another box full of 2600 games (most of them common stuff, but still nice :) ), a 1200xl, 800xl, 1050, 810, and 410 -- and some other atari stuff :) -- my dad actually had this in the basement and he never got around to doing anything with it all :D

The good thing is most of it all works pretty good -- the 2600s need some minor repair work, but nothing that a little work with the soldering iron won't fix :)