IGNORED

jboypacman's Blog - Bram Stoker's Dracula for the Sega Genesis

RSS Bot

I picked up this great game CIB recently at the local "Mom and Pop" game shop for around $4 i think and it was a great purchase i made.

This game is based off the movie that is based off the classic novel and as a fan of the movie i wanted to pick this one up to play.

The game was released by Sony Imagesoft which i imagine was a pre-PS1 released title and developed by the famous Psygnosis company which has created many games over the years.

The game itself follows Jonathan Harker and his quest to save his beloved Mina from the clutches of the vampire Dracula.

Graphics are quite soild but nothing too ground breaking and the play controls are pretty basic with you moving,jumping and slashing at your foes.

The whole game itself reminds me somewhat of Castlevania in its over all look and how it plays which isnt a terrible thing at all.

What i really like the most about this game is the music it is very well done and reeks of Shadow of The Beast and other games made by Psygnosis.

It has a very haunting quality to it like Shadow of the Beast it really helps set the mood in the game and can cause you to become really wrapped up in it.

Overall i feel that this game is a overlooked title in the sea of Sega Genesis games and is worth at lest a try for someone looking for something other than the top-shelf titles out there for the system.

The only thing i have found so far in the game that might be a downside to it is the fact that it is somewhat easy to play and might not offer the challenge someone might seek at lest in the levels i have played.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Vaf3RqmGgc...feature=related

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=4952