IGNORED

Got a NEG on eBay. Now what?

ianoid

So now you guys who hate high shipping will give sellers who charge excess shipping negs.

Yeah, duh...

Deceptive sellers deserve negative feedback.

Next "retarded" question?

The real reason you guys love this is you just wan't to complain and think you will now be heard but you won't.

Actually we were. Ebay heard us. Hence the change. So far, the only ones complaining are sellers. With a few exceptions, most of them are the very ones who played games with shipping, feedback, etc...seems like it's worked out pretty well so far. :twisted:

Well if he SAYS priority and it doesn't get shipped priorty then you aren't getting what you paid for and you have a reason to bitch even if he charges exact shipping.

Agreed!

If he says flat rate or other or something else then you don't no matter what he charged.

If the seller states flat rate i have learned that he means as cheap as he can get it sent and that means the shipping better reflect that,if Flat Rate is stated and the shipping for lets say a single loose cart is listed as $9 then thats a load of crapola and one should not buy from that person

The argument that if you pay $9 shipping and the seller paid $4 to ship then you are being ripped off is just retarded. By the same logic whenever you bid on FREE SHIPPING items you are now stealing from the seller and ripping him off.

Sorry my argument is not "retarded" if i pay $9 for shipping then i damn well better get $9 worth of shipping meaning well packaged and securely sent and if the seller offers FREE SHIPPING then the buyer steals nothing as the seller offered the free shipping to begin with so how is that a rip off?

So now you guys who hate high shipping will give sellers who charge excess shipping negs. The clearly listed shipping wasn't enough to prevent you from bidding why would several negs in his feedback that say "high shipping" matter?

I wont leave a neg if i get the overcharge for shipping refunded

The real reason you guys love this is you just wan't to complain and think you will now be heard but you won't. Everyone will have negs and they just won't mean as much. If those seller lose sales shipping goes up not down so you have just made it worse.

No i don't want to just complain I just want fair and equitable customer service and not be gouged, ebay is an auction and with any auction there is a risk of the item going for lower than what you may want and as a seller you have option to either set a reserve or open with a price closer to what you realistically want for that item we all know however that your odds of selling said item improve with a low starting bid and and if it only sells for $1.00 then thats the risk a seller takes but don't gouge on shipping just to make up for the perceived loss

Edited by kroogur

Sorry :( it wasn't anything really interesting just me blathering on.

----------------------------------------------------

Well if he SAYS priority and it doesn't get shipped priorty then you aren't getting what you paid for and you have a reason to bitch even if he charges exact shipping.

Agreed!

If he says flat rate or other or something else then you don't no matter what he charged.

If the seller states flat rate i have learned that he means as cheap as he can get it sent and that means the shipping better reflect that,if Flat Rate is stated and the shipping for lets say a single loose cart is listed as $9 then thats a load of crapola and one should not buy from that person

The argument that if you pay $9 shipping and the seller paid $4 to ship then you are being ripped off is just retarded. By the same logic whenever you bid on FREE SHIPPING items you are now stealing from the seller and ripping him off.

Sorry my argument is not "retarded" if i pay $9 for shipping then i damn well better get $9 worth of shipping meaning well packaged and securely sent and if the seller offers FREE SHIPPING then the buyer steals nothing as the seller offered the free shipping to begin with so how is that a rip off?

So now you guys who hate high shipping will give sellers who charge excess shipping negs. The clearly listed shipping wasn't enough to prevent you from bidding why would several negs in his feedback that say "high shipping" matter?

I wont leave a neg if i get the overcharge for shipping refunded

The real reason you guys love this is you just wan't to complain and think you will now be heard but you won't. Everyone will have negs and they just won't mean as much. If those seller lose sales shipping goes up not down so you have just made it worse.

No i don't want to just complain I just want fair and equitable customer service and not be gouged, ebay is an auction and with any auction there is a risk of the item going for lower than what you may want and as a seller you have option to either set a reserve or open with a price closer to what you realistically want for that item we all know however that your odds of selling said item improve with a low starting bid and and if it only sells for $1.00 then thats the risk a seller takes but don't gouge on shipping just to make up for the perceived loss

Thanks Kroogur!

Kroogur, I can barely make out your post being red-green color blind. The red is mostly a blur.

Suggestions: increase font size in your browser; highlight the offending text to change the color.

Font size doesn't help if you're color blind. Highlighting does, but black is still the best to read. :)

How's this for irony: I stopped charging handling, but some newb gave me a low enough shipping charge DSR anyway and it lowered my search results!

Again, eBay is practically forcing me to increase my volume in order to minimize the effects of individual ratings left by idiots.

I like it when eBay showed us (on Channel Advisor) that someone offered FREE SHipping and Handling on ALL purchases, and they still only had a 4.7 on that. YOu need a 4.8 to get the extra 15% off. Come on. What a crock! Free shipping and handling, abd buyers rate that LOWER than 5 under the charges?????????????????? :roll:

So now you guys who hate high shipping will give sellers who charge excess shipping negs.

Yeah, duh...

Deceptive sellers deserve negative feedback.

Next "retarded" question?

Err that wasn't a retarded question it was a retarded statement. It led into the next few settences which tried to convey that YES you can leave negs but it is a hollow victory. Shipping won't change. Sellers won't change. It is going to get worse not better after this. I'll still have to read all the theads about you and your shipping prices. You are the Homer of ebay shipping !!!!

The real reason you guys love this is you just wan't to complain and think you will now be heard but you won't.

Actually we were. Ebay heard us. Hence the change. So far, the only ones complaining are sellers. With a few exceptions, most of them are the very ones who played games with shipping, feedback, etc...seems like it's worked out pretty well so far. :twisted:

Yes and at your own expense changes have been made. Find this post a year from now and tell me how great things are. Tell me how you never had to overpay on shipping from any seller after this date no matter what was listed in the auction.

Ebay took the flawed but functional feedback system are just flushed it down the toilet. All sellers have negs and they fall off after a year anyway. Sellers who don't care about the customer are less motivated than ever to work with you.

Don't blame ebay. Blame the sellers who have been taking advantage for years. No that's not to say all sellers are bad, far from it. But there was WAY too much bullshit going on with little or no protection for buyers. Sorry some of you are losing pocket change listing items that don't get paid for, but the shoe has been on the other foot for a LONG time. Ebay had to do something to try and lure buyers back.

No offense buy you are so annoying to listen to always protecting ebay.

Do you work for them? or are you just plain ignorant to common sense?

Is it possible for a buyer to remove a neg feedback from a seller,once they have left it ??

Sellers can't leave negatives anymore. This whole system is just an atrocity. No matter what you do, the Buyer has all the control no matter what happens. I've had so many people not pay these days that it's sickening. You can't even tell good buyers from bad when they don't have negatives.

The worst thing is that neurtal feedbacks go againt your percentage which makes no sense.

I have gotten 2 neutrals because the buyer didnt like the game like that is my fault before that i had 1,000 feedback at 100%

its really sad

Don't blame ebay. Blame the sellers who have been taking advantage for years. No that's not to say all sellers are bad, far from it. But there was WAY too much bullshit going on with little or no protection for buyers. Sorry some of you are losing pocket change listing items that don't get paid for, but the shoe has been on the other foot for a LONG time. Ebay had to do something to try and lure buyers back.

Nahh he just likes to complain about shipping charges. If ebay somehow made shipping free for everyone he would still bitch till he died about those first 10 years where he was "ripped off".

No to both all three. I'm not protecting ebay, I'm against deception. Really, I don't care what people think of my opinion. Ironically, I'm not the only one against the practice, I just happen to be the whipping boy for it. Read this and the other threads where shipping charges comes up. Plenty of buyers are fed up, not just me. For some reason I am singled out as the only person sick of the bullshit. Thats ok. When people make stupid comments like you just did, I know I've gotten under your skin at least.

Nahh he just likes to complain about shipping charges. If ebay somehow made shipping free for everyone he would still bitch till he died about those first 10 years where he was "ripped off".

Yawn. I love that these threads bring out the ripoff artists. Do you scam your buyers too? No wait, you've already answered that.

No to both all three. I'm not protecting ebay, I'm against deception. Really, I don't care what people think of my opinion. Ironically, I'm not the only one against the practice, I just happen to be the whipping boy for it. Read this and the other threads where shipping charges comes up. Plenty of buyers are fed up, not just me. For some reason I am singled out as the only person sick of the bullshit. Thats ok. When people make stupid comments like you just did, I know I've gotten under your skin at least.

SO tired of the shipping whining...

"They charged me $10, but the postage was only $6.50..."

Please. Boxes cost money, bubble wrap peanuts & tape cost money, TIME costs money.

If shipping prices are disclosed in the auction, there is no deception.

Are the 1 cent auctions with $39.99 shipping a load of bull?

Sure, and the market addresses it but not patronizing those sellers.

Bottom line. if the auction says "Shipping and handling $100" for an ET cart, and you think it is too much, for the love of God, DONT BID!

sheesh!

Yawn. I love that these threads bring out the ripoff artists. Do you scam your buyers too? No wait, you've already answered that.

I am more a buyer than a seller. However If I were a powerseller I'd charge whatever worked for maximum profit and I'd clearly list it so no one would have reason to complain. I've paid enough shipping on my end to do the same when the time comes sell it all.

As you can see from some pics I buy way more than I sell. If you count the basement and attic we have 5 floors and they are all filled with this junk but now with a small child in the house I have slowed down buying a bit. You can not walk anywhere without seeing a scene like this and our house is pretty big.

This is one of 5 bedrooms

1308576457_l.jpg

1308583198_l.jpg

This is the basement

MVC-011S-1.jpg

MVC-013S-1.jpg

As for being the "whipping boy"

1. You use harsh language which is just untrue "ripping off" and "stealing" indicate breaking the law or at the very least violating ebay guidelines. The cases I speak of are within the law and ebay guidelines. If someone is breaking the law or ebay guidelines then I am against it. If they operate within the law and ebay guidelines with clearly listed shipping prices then I say let them do what they want to. Most could live with terms like "bullshit" or "unfair" or "unjustified" which are all subjective of the buyer.

2. This is something you can control. Ok you got caught the first time but after that you should know better. Don't bid. Yet you bid and then complain. That makes no sense.

3. You do complain a lot about it. More than anyone else on any other forum I visit.

I'd say these 3 have more weight than the fact that I just don't agree with your argument.

You have become "the whipping boy" because when people see you name thats what they think of. You have 7000+ posts and thats what people think of when they see your name.

As for being the "whipping boy"

1. You use harsh language which is just untrue "ripping off" and "stealing" indicate breaking the law or at the very least violating ebay guidelines. The cases I speak of are within the law and ebay guidelines. If someone is breaking the law or ebay guidelines then I am against it. If they operate within the law and ebay guidelines with clearly listed shipping prices then I say let them do what they want to. Most could live with terms like "bullshit" or "unfair" or "unjustified" which are all subjective of the buyer.

2. This is something you can control. Ok you got caught the first time but after that you should know better. Don't bid. Yet you bid and then complain. That makes no sense.

3. You do complain a lot about it. More than anyone else on any other forum I visit.

I'd say these 3 have more weight than the fact that I just don't agree with your argument.

You have become "the whipping boy" because when people see you name thats what they think of. You have 7000+ posts and thats what people think of when they see your name.

That's all jetset ever does. He accuses everyone of ripping people off left and right. I mean, if he had experience buying and selling in large amounts on eBay, then sure, but he doesn't. He doesn't buy much at all, and he rarely sells. I mean, the guy is so neurotic and lost, he thinks everyone that defends shipping costs are scammers and crooks, and he basically just rips into them completely.

Somehow I only come on this forum to post my "wares" apparently. Are you kidding me? That has to be one of the most laughable things I have ever heard? Oh wait. I have a link to my eBay store in my signature? WOW, ADVERTISING WARES ALL DAY. You never see my advertise my stuff for sale on eBay in separate threads, and I can guarantee you 100% my prices are better than 99% of the people everyone deals with.

This thread has been totally screwed again because of his I hate shipping costs deal. It's nothing new, but seriously, it's getting old, and he needs a new hobby instead of ranting about shipping costs when he rarely buys anything in the first place.

Oh, and just an FYI, eBay THEMSELVES based on the higher final value fees SUGGESTED TO high volume powersellers to RAISE THEIR SHIPPING AND HANDLING COSTS ACCORDINGLY to alleviate the FEES. Now yes, there is an issue with circumvention if they are "too high", but that was directly from eBay because it affects Powersellers greatly. It's funny when eBay tells the top 5% of all eBay sellers to adjust in this fashion (when the fee changes were being implemented), but it's still "stealing" and "illegal" in your eyes.

I charge $5 to ship a DVD style game with DC. That covers everything on my end, and I have not raised the prices in years.

Edited by DreamTR

Whatever. The thread belongs to the 2 of you that are making it your purpose to flame me so feel free to continue. I'm done dignifying your personal attacks by responding.

Have at it if you like.

Edit: Sorry Ianoid. I dont remember if I've ever bought from you on ebay but have traded with you here, and know you're one of the good sellers. I didn't mean to let the haters get to me and ruin your thread.

I'm done with them so if the flaming continues at least I've apologized for my part in it getting sidetracked.

Edited by jetset

Whats that by the water heater? Looks like the same water cooler we have! :D

which side?

To the left you have a water cooler I pulled from one of the stores I sold and to the right a teetering stack of misc videogame goodness.

To the left, we got ours at Lowes

Whats that by the water heater? Looks like the same water cooler we have! :D

which side?

To the left you have a water cooler I pulled from one of the stores I sold and to the right a teetering stack of misc videogame goodness.

To the left, we got ours at Lowes

I've never used it. It was the basement of a store I ran for 2 years when I sold the business I took it with me.

Whatever. The thread belongs to the 2 of you that are making it your purpose to flame me so feel free to continue. I'm done dignifying your personal attacks by responding.

Have at it if you like.

Edit: Sorry Ianoid. I dont remember if I've ever bought from you on ebay but have traded with you here, and know you're one of the good sellers. I didn't mean to let the haters get to me and ruin your thread.

I'm done with them so if the flaming continues at least I've apologized for my part in it getting sidetracked.

Look buddy why don't you read this thread over again and see who is making the personal attacks here. To have an opinion that isn't the same as yours brings personal attacks from you. I'd love to debate shipping charges with you but doing so make me a scammer.

Still no idea why anyone complains about shipping costs if they are clearly upfront in the auction. I mean, Buyatari is right, this is normal service for Wal-Mart, Sears, K-Mart, anyone you buy stuff from online is going to implement a handling charge. If you have employees doing your stuff for you, you aren't supposed to chrage handling fees? With gas prices going up and up, you think the airlines are running scams by charging for bags too?

You have not gotten an ebay item where you pay around $10 for shipping and they throw item in a envelope and put $2 worth of stamps on it. You can not be too explicit in how shipping on ebay. Even though the shipping charge looks reasonable, you may get shortchanged when they underpack it and the reason you got the item gets ruined.

Edited by Almost Rice

Still no idea why anyone complains about shipping costs if they are clearly upfront in the auction. I mean, Buyatari is right, this is normal service for Wal-Mart, Sears, K-Mart, anyone you buy stuff from online is going to implement a handling charge. If you have employees doing your stuff for you, you aren't supposed to chrage handling fees? With gas prices going up and up, you think the airlines are running scams by charging for bags too?

You have not gotten an ebay item where you pay around $10 for shipping and they throw item in a envelope and put $2 worth of stamps on it. You can not be too explicit in how shipping on ebay. Even though the shipping charge looks reasonable, you may get shortchanged when they underpack it and the reason you got the item gets ruined.

That is a different issue. No one here on either side of this argument believes that boxed games should be sent in a plain envelope. If the items arrives damaged then you didn't get what you paid for and then there is a real problem. Even if the seller offers free shipping and it is shipped that way there is a problem. So it is not a matter of being over charged on shipping that is a matter of not getting what you paid for.

My advice in that case is to pay with paypal and refuse any packages that arrive like that. As long as it is not marked delivered by the post office you can file a claim and win every time. Not as described is a harder case to win so don't accept it.