IGNORED

Got a NEG on eBay. Now what?

ianoid

Is it possible for a buyer to remove a neg feedback from a seller,once they have left it ??

Sellers can't leave negatives anymore. This whole system is just an atrocity. No matter what you do, the Buyer has all the control no matter what happens. I've had so many people not pay these days that it's sickening. You can't even tell good buyers from bad when they don't have negatives.

It seems that E-bay's philosophy is simple - they have sellers by the short and curlys as there is not other viable alternative at the moment. What they are trying to do is make it as risk-free as possible for buyers to get all those buyers who are currently too scared of getting scammed to start using ebay.

Don't blame ebay. Blame the sellers who have been taking advantage for years. No that's not to say all sellers are bad, far from it. But there was WAY too much bullshit going on with little or no protection for buyers. Sorry some of you are losing pocket change listing items that don't get paid for, but the shoe has been on the other foot for a LONG time. Ebay had to do something to try and lure buyers back.

No offense buy you are so annoying to listen to always protecting ebay.

Do you work for them? or are you just plain ignorant to common sense?

Nahh he just likes to complain about shipping charges. If ebay somehow made shipping free for everyone he would still bitch till he died about those first 10 years where he was "ripped off".

Yawn. I love that these threads bring out the ripoff artists. Do you scam your buyers too? No wait, you've already answered that.

What you don't understand (which should be common sense for most people) is that If I charge 10.00 for a game and free shipping I would charge

1.00 for the game 9.00 shipping

2.00 for the game 8.00 shipping

3.00 for the game and 7.00 shipping

9.00 for the game and 1.00 shipping

Wow they all turn out to be the same price go figure

Its all Relative and Instead of whining about shipping prices realize that if the shipping was lower the actual cost would be higher

Edited by zach1845

Whatever. The thread belongs to the 2 of you that are making it your purpose to flame me so feel free to continue. I'm done dignifying your personal attacks by responding.

Have at it if you like.

Edit: Sorry Ianoid. I dont remember if I've ever bought from you on ebay but have traded with you here, and know you're one of the good sellers. I didn't mean to let the haters get to me and ruin your thread.

I'm done with them so if the flaming continues at least I've apologized for my part in it getting sidetracked.

It's not "my" thread, it's still interesting and you have to understand that you come across on these threads as a troll.

But I do disagree with you as well. I'm just not that fussy as long as my stuff comes in good shape.

I can see the feedback sytem possibly improving the shipping situation, but being a pessimist and agreeing with Buyatari, I'll bet the system as a whole won't be better off than before.

Still, nobody seems to know if there is anything to be done with this NEG. I replied, but whatever. I will get more Negs from crappy buyers. I think the solution may actually be better bidder blocking. Didn't they improve that system? I'd happily require approval on buyers with less than 20 feedback. I'd check their FB for negs and email them my terms again.

BTW Terms on auctions seem to be utterly ignored, and don't hold up in the court of eBay at all.

This is what I don't understand and I have common sense:

13 games shipped starting bid $.99 and $5.00 shipping for first class through USPS

http://cgi.ebay.com/PAC-MAN-Atari-in-box-1...1QQcmdZViewItem

1 game shipped starting bid $.99 and $4.50 shipping for first class for 1 single game

http://cgi.ebay.com/Donkey-Kong-Colecovisi...1QQcmdZViewItem

That right there is what i'm talking about, first and foremost ebay is an online auction site not an online store with set prices you better believe the 13 game auction is a better deal. Would i even bid on that single game? No and most folks wouldn't unless they really wanted it for whatever reason, it all boils down to is how sellers want to do business on ebay. Me personally I can scrounge boxes and packing materials either at work or from local businesses or i just use the Priority boxes if I ship that way and i never add handling as there are 3 post offices on my way to work, there is a UPS drop off across the street from work. I realize not everyone has those options.

You know what ebay should do next?....Would be good for their fee structure too....NO SHIPPPING FEES. Make Sellers factor it into the starting price. Then there's no arguments over shipping. Granted then sellers are paying fees on the shipping cost, so yeah kinda blows for us and such, but it gets rid of BS negs for stated shipping costs. They also wouldn't have to police people trying to circumvent fees with inflated shipping costs.

You know what ebay should do next?....Would be good for their fee structure too....NO SHIPPPING FEES. Make Sellers factor it into the starting price. Then there's no arguments over shipping. Granted then sellers are paying fees on the shipping cost, so yeah kinda blows for us and such, but it gets rid of BS negs for stated shipping costs. They also wouldn't have to police people trying to circumvent fees with inflated shipping costs.

At that rate, they would need to give a partial refund to the Seller like Half and Amazon do. That could work if it was presented that way, but even Amazon allows sellers to manipulate the shipping charges.

How do I adjust my price for shipping to Hawaii, Canada, Europe, etc....?

Could obviously work for vanilla products and specified shipping locations, but a seller needs to keep more options open.

What gets me is that it is so easy to avoid the problem in the first place. Just don't bid if the shipping + price is greater than you want to pay.

What would work is a calucator that adds it up for you as you bid. If shipping is $8 and you bid $20 with this calculator then a bid of $12 is placed. You could have them side by side and pick which way you prefer to bid in your MyeBay settings.

This is basic math here so I think it is much ado about nothing but that should stop the complaining. :ponder:

• 2 weeks later...

Buyer who neg'd me replies by email after some delay:

"ok and thanks for writing me back. but i got it buffed at hastings and it works just fine. so thanks again for selling it!"

I replied:

"I'm glad it worked out- as in the description, I thought it needed buffing (but I did watch the whole thing without an issue). Now I'm stuck with a negative! It hurts my feedback % and future sales (no negatives looked good to buyers)! If you can leave feedback to my comment and/or change the feedback, I'll be very appreciative."

All this for a $6 (shipping included) sale. Useless.

Edited by ianoid

The the dishonest ones would find another way to deceive their buyer to make extra money and circumvent ebay fees.

All sellers have to do to fix this problem is be honest. Some just can't won't.

Edited by jetset

The new feedback system is an acknowledgement that buyer feedback means NOTHING. The only reason the haven't eliminated it altogether is because they realize it's a great gimmick; buyers just LOVE to see that number rise, even though it really means nothing. You can still snipe an auction regardless of what your feedback is. Hell, some buyers care more about the stupid feedback number than actually getting the item.

I agree that if you know the price up front in an auction, you're not being scammed if it actually costs less to ship. You agreed to pay the price in the auction.

The problen with this is. Say you buy an item the you know costs $15, and is should cost $2 to ship. Auction says price is $2, S&H is $15. Everything balances out in the end, nobody looses except ebay. Item comes damaged or DOA or whatever. You get refunded the $2 you paid, after paying the $2 for shipping it back, seller pockets the $15.

I agree that if you know the price up front in an auction, you're not being scammed if it actually costs less to ship. You agreed to pay the price in the auction.

The problen with this is. Say you buy an item the you know costs $15, and is should cost $2 to ship. Auction says price is $2, S&H is $15. Everything balances out in the end, nobody looses except ebay. Item comes damaged or DOA or whatever. You get refunded the $2 you paid, after paying the $2 for shipping it back, seller pockets the $15.

Always look over the feedback before you bid. Rotten sellers could be found just from looking at feedback. No system will eliminate the need for doing your homework. If that fails pay with a credit card and they will refund the whole purchase if you file a chargeback.

Edited by Buyatari