IGNORED

Atari XC1411 Monitor for the 130XE

Sean39

I used to have a composite NTSC monitor that was XE gray. I mean, it was REALLY the same color as the 130XE. I believe the brand was Thompson (or maybe Thomson). I don't think it was related to RCA Thompson. Either way, it had a great picture. I often wondered why its color matched the XE, but I never found out. It also had an RGB option whihc made it great for SIO2PC setups. It was 12" or 13" which is fine for most XE work. However, nowadays, I prefer a TV with composite input. Wish I had one of those when I was writing papers for school in the early to mid 80s.

Oh yeah, the monitor was given to a recycler about 5 yrs ago. Nice guy. Probably still sitting in his den.

I have this one now. I'd have to check to get the model number. It's XE white and had a jet black tube. The frint panel has broken off so aesthetically it's not good. I agree it’s really colorful and sends to the lightgun better than the Amiga monitor I was using.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
I tried to install a Commodore 1084S D2 (A1200/4000 colored version) and it does not fit the SC1435 casing. The board is a little too long. It seems the D1 will work but I need to find another one to hack...

Just a follow up. I have sucessfully modded my Atari SC1435 to work with my Atari 130XE and ST computers!

I found a Commodore 1084S-P1 monitor at RE-PC in Tukwila, WA (It looks like the 1084S-Dx series and is A500/2000 beige) and I swapped the guts and tube, drilled out a few holes for the extra buttons in the rear TTL/Digital to Analog RGB, etc and the extra RCA's for stereo sound and composite video. It fit together PERFECTLY! Other than a little problem with the 9 pin RGB connector having issues (cold solder joints) it is working great now... I will post some pics soon.

Edited by tjlazer

I tried to install a Commodore 1084S D2 (A1200/4000 colored version) and it does not fit the SC1435 casing. The board is a little too long. It seems the D1 will work but I need to find another one to hack...

Just a follow up. I have sucessfully modded my Atari SC1435 to work with my Atari 130XE and ST computers!

I found a Commodore 1084S-P1 monitor at RE-PC in Tukwila, WA (It looks like the 1084S-Dx series and is A500/2000 beige) and I swapped the guts and tube, drilled out a few holes for the extra buttons in the rear TTL/Digital to Analog RGB, etc and the extra RCA's for stereo sound and composite video. It fit together PERFECTLY! Other than a little problem with the 9 pin RGB connector having issues (cold solder joints) it is working great now... I will post some pics soon.

Here are some pics...

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1802965

Edited by tjlazer

Here are some pics...

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1802965

That is awesome! Its a beautiful site - matching monitor and computer.

• 3 years later...

I have this one now. I'd have to check to get the model number. It's XE white and had a jet black tube. The frint panel has broken off so aesthetically it's not good. I agree it's really colorful and sends to the lightgun better than the Amiga monitor I was using.

Do you still have this monitor? I have the front panel for it if you want it.

Do you still have this monitor? I have the front panel for it if you want it.

Thanks for the offer TJ!

I ended up selling off just about all my Atari hardware (A8 and ST) at the Seattle Retro Gaming Expo. All I have now is my Atari 800, 810, and my Amdek monitor.

I have Incognito now, so no reason to use an XL or XE.

• 4 years later...

I need to know if anyone has seen the Atari XC1411 Monitor for the 130XE Computer????? If so how can I get one???

It would be the same color as the 130XE computer. I have already found the XC12 tape drive that the same color as the 130XE computer.

The tape drive was brand new and never used and works perfect on saving and loading programs.

Now doeas anyone have the XF551 disk drive for sale??? I hope that the correct drive for the 130XE computer. I was told it the same color

as the Atari 130XE computer. Does anyone have this drive also with the 3.5 floppy built in with the 5.25 floppy??? Well again like I said

I am trying to get this computer set up correctly.

Email me to if you want to....

Thanks ,

Sean39

I saw this today. Kinda pricey...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-XC-1411-RARE-PROTOTYPE-composite-monitor-/253050551267?hash=item3aeafcfbe3:g:ltoAAOSwFBRZbS-V

Wow $650 (opps that was the starting bid price, buy it now is $1,200 :-o ) for what was obviously a painted case to match the XE (pretty beat up, with the original color showing through the chipped paint), and it doesn't even have an S-Video input :( .

It would probably be way cheaper to pick up an ST monitor and buy a good quality S-Video to RGB converter. But for historical reasons and obvious rarity I can see someone possibly wanting this for their collection.

- Michael

Edited by mytekcontrols

I think that's basically the SM124 case so I doubt it was painted "after market", so to speak, but the lack of s-video is a show-stopper (aside from the fact it has a fault and the nature of the fault isn't even shown in the photographs).

This appears to be the same example that was recently posted about both here and on FB in one of the Atari groups/pages. There were photos showing the flawed image. I don’t have a link handy but in discussions here it came up in connection with the owner seeking a rare prototype A8 disk drive. When the monitor was mentioned, the poster indicated he had located one and it was in-bound. Guess he decided to flip it.

• Like 2

I think that's basically the SM124 case so I doubt it was painted "after market", so to speak, but the lack of s-video is a show-stopper (aside from the fact it has a fault and the nature of the fault isn't even shown in the photographs).

I thought this was a 14" monitor which would preclude using the Goldstar ST cases.

Looks like the sample is an 11" screen. Just sat my 130XE in front of my SM124 and the scale looks identical to the available photos of an XE next to the XC1411.

Weird. Well, it was supposed to be a 14" monitor. I wonder if any of the Atari promo photos show a different monitor.