IGNORED

My weekend finds (I'm back in the game!)

Heavy Sixer

After a long, dry spell of several months with virtually no significant Atari finds, I finally scored over the weekend. Saturday, I went to one of my thrift stops and found a light sixer with two joysticks, a set of paddles, five games (Sky Diver, Space Invaders, Dodge 'Em, Championship Soccer, and the ultra rare Combat ;) ), an AC adapter, and a Commodore 16 with a manual and tutorial cartridge, all together in a box for $15. The sixer is kind of dusty, but is otherwise in superb condition; the switches all function smoothly with no problems.

After that, I went to a long-time hangout of mine called Video Game Exchange (AFAIK, it's the only business in or around Baton Rouge that still deals in Atari items). I know the operator, and he handed me a large black garbage bag filled with assorted hardware and told me to take it. It was all stuff that was supposedly broken that he didn't have the time to mess with, and he was planning to throw it out anyway. I took it home and found five Genesis consoles (4 mark twos and one original), a Game Gear, a Saturn, some assorted Atari controllers, some Genesis AC adaptors, and six Atari cartridges (Warlords, Demons To Diamonds, Night Driver, Combat, E.T., and Raiders Of The Lost Ark). The only things I've tested so far are the Atari carts - turns out they all work except for E.T.! A couple of them just needed cleaning. Combat's dust shield is messed up, but the electronics still work. The Genesis consoles probably just need some pins resoldered (seems to be a common problem with the second model).

On Sunday, I journeyed to the Greater Baton Rouge Flea Market in Prairieville, and got the following: another light sixer, same condition as the first, with the following: Two joysticks, AC adaptor, Air-Sea Battle, International Soccer, Freeway, Pitfall, Outlaw, RS Volleyball, Vanguard, Boxing, Home Run, E.T. (working this time ;) ), Crystal Castles (later model with no endpiece), and Mountain King. Also got some Atari 400/800 games: Pac-Man, Centipede, Donkey Kong, Super Breakout, Popeye, Galaxian, Missile Command, and Basketball. Total price: $30. The lady got the lot on a recent trip to Pennsylvania, so this Atari is well-traveled :D .

It was good to find some items after months of almost nothing (except for two consoles and a handful of common carts, and an Intellivision last wekeend). Anyone else find anything?

HEAVY***6***er