IGNORED

I want to NEG this eBay Newbie SOOOO BAD!

the.golden.ax

Item 160248744814

I won 48 hours ago, paid today. The guy's first contact to me after I win a standard auction, is to tell me he offered it to the second high bidder, and they paid too, someone by the user name of dl.112

The seller had NO payment time requirments in their listing, and this was the FIRST contact they had with me since I won.

If this other guy gets MY STUFF after I HAVE ALREADY paid isn't that a bit like stealing? I know it's the sellers fault but I am MAD.

What's your take on this?

AX

Edited by the.golden.ax

Item 160248744814

I won 48 hours ago, paid today. The guy's first contact to me after I win a standard auction, is to tell me he offered it to the second high bidder, and they paid too, someone by the user name of dl.112

The seller had NO payment time requirments in their listing, and this was the FIRST contact they had with me since I won.

If this other guy gets MY STUFF after I HAVE ALREADY paid isn't that a bit like stealing? I know it's the sellers fault but I am MAD.

AX

Sounds like he got a better offer... Neg him. I usually wait 7 days per ebay then offer the item to the next highest bidder (who usually does not want it after a week) so I just relist it and give the non payer a strike.

Item 160248744814

AX

Sounds like he got a better offer... Neg him. I usually wait 7 days per ebay then offer the item to the next highest bidder (who usually does not want it after a week) so I just relist it and give the non payer a strike.

I can't even NEG HIM, because it's still within the 72 hour "cooling down" period. eBay won't let me make a negative for another day still!

AX

Item 160248744814

AX

Is 007 for the Atari 8 bits? While it looks like a good deal it isn't like you hit the jackpot unless 007 is some rare that I am not familiar with. I can't see someone offering much more than your bid.

Is 007 for the Atari 8 bits? While it looks like a good deal it isn't like you hit the jackpot unless 007 is some rare that I am not familiar with. I can't see someone offering much more than your bid.

Well, it's nothing crazy but 30 games is well worth $17. There's some decent stuff in there, including a couple of Atarisoft carts for the C64.

Edited by PingvinBlueJeans

Update:

I wrote the guy who bought the games, and he told me he has no problem with me being the real winner. I don't think he is underhanded, just given the offer and took the seller up on it.

The seller wrote me back a crazy email with many typo's, telling me that he would leave me negative feedback. It is only his third sale, so he apparently has no clue how eBay works.

A few minutes later I was refunded, but he is still going to be given a negative when I can. If he files a non-pay bidder alert on me, I'm going to have plenty to tell eBay about his methods of selling.

AX

(The's newbie has been on eBay longer than you) :P

That's is some pretty underhanded stuff, what a tool.

Even if he does ship the stuff to you and gives you a refund, you should neg him anyway - that'll teach him for selling on eBay...

He has two feedback for sales, to his credit.

That's GREEN.

AX

(The's newbie has been on eBay longer than you) :P

That's is some pretty underhanded stuff, what a tool.

Even if he does ship the stuff to you and gives you a refund, you should neg him anyway - that'll teach him for selling on eBay...

He has two feedback for sales, to his credit.

That's GREEN.

AX

For sure - I am just ribbin you. As of now you just missing out on a deal (you aren't out any cash)- are you going to try an convince him to sell you the stuff, or just move on and leave the neg?

• 9 months later...
Update:

I wrote the guy who bought the games, and he told me he has no problem with me being the real winner. I don't think he is underhanded, just given the offer and took the seller up on it.

The seller wrote me back a crazy email with many typo's, telling me that he would leave me negative feedback. It is only his third sale, so he apparently has no clue how eBay works.

A few minutes later I was refunded, but he is still going to be given a negative when I can. If he files a non-pay bidder alert on me, I'm going to have plenty to tell eBay about his methods of selling.

AX

You got your money back, which is very unlikely but you did, move on and forget it, there are better sellers out there. If you do neg him, he will probably come back and put something in your pos feedback which isnt so positive. Get out of it while ya can.

Item 160248744814

AX

That depends. I had almost the exact same thing happen to me and the entity that took my purchases was a known outlet and still screwed me and even had people here defending their score even though I paid 20 minutes after I won the lot and only because I asked the seller if I could possibly pay a week later than the 3 days offered so they hurriedly sent a 2nd chance and it was accepted supposedly, then I was informed 15 mins later and just went ahead and paid but they still screwed me.... so who knows???

What I do know is you are in the right, BUT, it will take time and money for you to be whole.

OH OK, a yr old nut the advice is the same.

Why are people bumping ancient threads now?

Not enough going on with the bailouts and lies to keep you busy?

Edited by Phantom