IGNORED

Edtris rebate?

video game addict

Unless this is Ed making these, which it's not AFAIK, this dude is trying to rip people off by them sending in real copies of edtris for his POS repro. Wouldn't it be funny if someone sent in a hozer repro of edtris for a discount on this losers repro copy of edtris? :lol:

"Own a Visually Remastered Edtris"

What the . . . ?

If he hacked a homebrew thats a no-no, and if all he did was change the label (to another shitty label) to sell it as his own work that is a no-no also. Looks like this atarimaster26 is just an all around peice of shit.

Well, he's been hawking it on CtCW too:

http://www.chasethechuckwagon.com/item.cgi...item=0000002158

And wasn't he the guy who mistakenly gave CPUWWIZ grief over a Cabbage Patch Kids label or something?

He's a member here at AA with a blog. May want to ask him what the hell he's doing selling "reimagined" Edtris carts...:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showuser=18442

Edited by Snider-man

What the . . . ?

If he hacked a homebrew thats a no-no, and if all he did was change the label (to another shitty label) to sell it as his own work that is a no-no also. Looks like this atarimaster26 is just an all around peice of shit.

Why?

Edtris is no longer available from the people who originally worked on it (well, Randy still makes them but that's another topic). Why is it a no-no and why is this guy a piece of shit for doing what half the members here do?

Don't get me wrong, the whole "send me your copy of Edtris" is retarded, but selling an out of production game should not be taboo.

What the . . . ?

Why?

Edtris is no longer available from the people who originally worked on it (well, Randy still makes them but that's another topic). Why is it a no-no and why is this guy a piece of shit for doing what half the members here do?

Don't get me wrong, the whole "send me your copy of Edtris" is retarded, but selling an out of production game should not be taboo.

I agree with jetset.

I see nothing wrong with hacking and selling an out of print homebrew if it is OK to hack any other out of print game (Activision, Atari, etc..). That was the whole argument about hacking, people say it's OK since the games are long out of print, well, Edtris is long out of print, easily over 10 years there fore according to the logic of the AA board it should be just fine to hack it. The same should apply here unless you can give me a reason it wouldn't....

What the . . . ?

Why?

I agree with jetset.

I see nothing wrong with hacking and selling an out of print homebrew if it is OK to hack any other out of print game (Activision, Atari, etc..). That was the whole argument about hacking, people say it's OK since the games are long out of print, well, Edtris is long out of print, easily over 10 years there fore according to the logic of the AA board it should be just fine to hack it. The same should apply here unless you can give me a reason it wouldn't....

Talk to Cybergoth and see what he thinks about hacking his games. :ponder:

>runs

That's nothing, I'm selling 'Videolife Reimagined'

Send in your old tired Video Life carts for a huge trade in discount on this super new fresh release!

Don't forget to mention promo code: A55H0L for special savings!!

Edited by remowilliams

Send in your old tired Video Life carts for a huge trade in discount on this super new fresh release!

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

What the . . . ?

Why?

I agree with jetset.

>runs<

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he (Cybergoth)would be mad about it but he is still actively selling/making homebrews.

Bingo! :D

What the . . . ?

Why?

I agree with jetset.

>runs<

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he (Cybergoth)would be mad about it but he is still actively selling/making homebrews.

I've never been a real collector of graphical hacks, but I see the attraction to hacks in general. I have bought a few conversions 8-bit to 5200, NTSC from PAL only games, as well as Missile command trak-ball and Berzerk VE, etc.. Sure these are all hacks in the overall scheme of it, but I feel they were more worthy in my eyes. Whereas graphical hacks have never really appealed to me since the gameplay was still the same, only with new colors/sprites.

Spend any time over on Atarimania and you'll see that Atari really flourished on hacks. Probably more than half the PAL library is composed of hack and/or pirates. So it's nothing new to see hacks of games. Hacks of homebrews could become more common as time goes by.

I don't know if taboo is the right term or not, but I know I wouldn't touch it, even if Ed is long gone from our hobby. Just seems weird that someone would even make than an option in their auction in the first place. Who would want to send back a working copy of edtris for a new working copy of edtris with questionable origins? Of course half the copies of edtris out there are probably from questionable origins as well, so maybe it's a moot point. :ponder:

I bought one of these new Edtris games on ChuckWagon. The thing came with the end label off, and the front label coming up on one edge. They didn't bother to CLEAN under the removed label, it has hair, dust, and paper from the old label still under it. Beyond that, it won't load. The instructions are a photo copy of the original (not his work). I can't reccomend this seller.

AX

I bought one of these new Edtris games on ChuckWagon. The thing came with the end label off, and the front label coming up on one edge. They didn't bother to CLEAN under the removed label, it has hair, dust, and paper from the old label still under it. Beyond that, it won't load. The instructions are a photo copy of the original (not his work). I can't reccomend this seller.

AX

I seriously hope you give him a negative and get your money back. See this is what happens when you buy from scumbags.

Got mine. Let's see. The label does look good and printed on good quality paper. The game is the same. Same colors, same music, same sounds. Liar.

As labels go it is a very nice quality. They just needed to actually clean the crud off the cart before they applied it. I hadn't tested it in a 2600 yet. Some of the homebrews Ive noticed need a 2600.

AX

LOL here's what he has to say:

Like the description says, it is the new and improved "Visually Remastered"

edition. It is visually redone as you can see. If the game play was

different, I would have listed 1. It's differences from the old game as far

as game play goes & 2. I would not have said visually remastered, I would

have said, remastered game play or technologically remastered-something

along those lines. 3. I did not list anything else that would suggest any

new improved game play.

-atarimaster26

Actually, you could not be any more wrong. These are the real games with there own serial numbers. I had permission to make the visually remastered covers. I have them made directly from the maker himself. But nice try. Nice. Wow, you guys really like to jump into the barrel without even knowing what the f*ck is inside. Maybe one of you guys should contact me and ask me instead of making assumptions.