IGNORED

Boulderdash weirdness.

Ross PK

I loaded up Boulderdash on tape, the Mirrorsoft version and on the first level the background is a reddy brown instead of black. After this stage the next stages are normal with black backgrounds, but then when I get to Cave I the background is blue.

I did think that I was sure that this didn't happen when I used to have Boulderdash (don't know which company it was published by) back in the day. I checked the cart version on an emu just now and it doesn't happen.

What's up with that? I'm glad I've got the game but I'm not really happy about the fact that it does that. :(

*EDIT*

Now that I've converted the tape into a cas. file and played it on an emu it doesn't seem to do this anymore, the reddy brown background colour is barely noticeable on the first cave and there's no blue background at all on cave I, it's just black like the others. Maybe it was because I loaded the game while holding down just start instead of start and option? Although in the instructions it does tell you to just hold down start.

Edited by Ross PK

Hello Bob....I'm sure i've heard of you before....Did you use to do games programming on the A8 (mainly with US software co's_...I'm sure i've seen your name on some Synapse/synsoft game

Nah, its just the default colour palette in the Atari800 emulator, which is pretty crappy. Try using the "laoo.act" palette, and you'll see almost perfect colours.

Where do you get the laoo.act palette?

Thanks,

Bob

Hello Bob....I'm sure i've heard of you before....Did you use to do games programming on the A8 (mainly with US software co's_...I'm sure i've seen your name on some Synapse/synsoft game

I think you're probably confusing me with someone else. The only software I had (somewhat) published was in the last issue of Antic magazine. I had an educational program called Space Station Multiplication in that magazine. My avatar here is a screen shot from the game and it can be downloaded at atarimania. Other than that I was a member of the Ft. Devens atari users group in Massachusetts.

Bob