IGNORED

SC1224 Monitor Problem - Help?

Awol

I finally got my Atari SC1224 (Goldstar) color monitor in the mail today. I had to turn it on and off a few times before it would come on properly, but now it turns on/off with no problem. When the desktop first appeared, everything looked fine, except the screen seemed a bit "jittery" with the contrast all the way up. I left it on for a while, and came back, and now the screen looks completely messed up and garbled/distorted. I tried turning it on and off again, but it seems stuck this way. Also, a humming noise comes from the speaker when the volume is up high. Is it broken? What has caused this? I see some holes in the back for adjusting "V.Lin", "V.Size", "V.Hold", "H.Position", and "H.Hold" with a screwdriver. Would adjusting those fix the problem? Do I adjust them with the monitor power turned on or off? Can I use a metal screwdriver to adjust them? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I've attached a picture of how the scrambled screen looks (with Brightness and Contrast turned all the way up).

post-18235-1214019234_thumb.jpg

Edited by Grey_and_Purple

Yep try fiddling with the v.hold and h.hold buttons, that might solve the problem (you can do this well it's on afaik), if it's not a problem related to the cable between the ST and monitor that is, so if the hold twisters don't work then try moving the cable and see if that has any effect.

Edited by ZoggingHell