IGNORED

pacman hack! the original

Corby

well heres another one i did cleaned up on. Original pacman.

here's what i did:

-closed pacman's eye, and fixed the way his mouth opens and closes

-fixed the eyes on the ghosts, and real eyes when pacman eats them ...no more block eyes!!

-thinned out the numbers

-made the c 1981 atari look better

old pics

post-19641-1214019885_thumb.pngpost-19641-1214019937_thumb.pngpost-19641-1214019998_thumb.png

new pics

post-19641-1214020085_thumb.pngpost-19641-1214020113_thumb.pngpost-19641-1214020147_thumb.png

this is the hack

Pacman_v.1.bin

this one that i changed the "1981 atari" to pacman name looks cool....but when you play the game, some of the pellets some of them don't get eaten up! i don't why but here's the game

Pacman.bin

Edited by corbysatarigame

this one that i changed the "1981 atari" to pacman name looks cool....but when you play the game, some of the pellets some of them don't get eaten up! i don't why but here's the game

You edited one of the tables that handles comparisons. $FE88 is not part of the logo...but the last byte holding the Y register index. As a result, the last ram location holding dot data cannot be altered...those 8 pixels never change. To correct it, edit byte $FE88 to be it's proper value of $04 (bit pattern 00000100).

• 1 month later...

You edited one of the tables that handles comparisons. $FE88 is not part of the logo...but the last byte holding the Y register index. As a result, the last ram location holding dot data cannot be altered...those 8 pixels never change. To correct it, edit byte $FE88 to be it's proper value of $04 (bit pattern 00000100).

hi Nukey, i want to try and fix this, what program do i need ....i have this cygnus hex editor, will that work or can it be done on the h.o.m 2?

hi Nukey, i want to try and fix this, what program do i need ....i have this cygnus hex editor, will that work or can it be done on the h.o.m 2?

It is easy to fix in Hack-O-Matic. Just open the file in HOM at location $fe88 (0e88 unflipped) (0177 flipped) and change it to

(bit pattern 00000100). Or open the original PacMan in another HOM and compare the two files right under your A in PacMan.

Fixed BIN:

Pacman_Hack_error_logo_fix.bin

It is easy to fix in Hack-O-Matic. Just open the file in HOM at location $fe88 (0e88 unflipped) (0177 flipped) and change it to

(bit pattern 00000100). Or open the original PacMan in another HOM and compare the two files right under your A in PacMan.

Fixed BIN:

Pacman_Hack_error_logo_fix.bin

thanks Nukey