IGNORED

DS Space Invaders Extreme Friend Codes

Well,

I picked this game up today at one of my many local Gamestops. I have to tell you, this is an excellent $20 spent!!!

In any event, I didn't see a thread for this yet, so here is my FC for SI:E for DS.

CROSBO = 494068-056457

Reaperman = 498363-957075

Lets invade....

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-

That is correct you can't use the paddle controller in online mode. The reason is because Taito knows the paddle controller gives you an edge in control for the game. To make it fair for everyone, you either mandate the use of the controller, or remove it from being usable. Since the controller wasn't made for sale here in the States and requires it to be imported, I think they made a fair concession.

Honestly, it hasn't bothered me not having it. And I certainly don't believe that use of the paddle not working online "breaks" the game in anyway.

That is correct you can't use the paddle controller in online mode. The reason is because Taito knows the paddle controller gives you an edge in control for the game. To make it fair for everyone, you either mandate the use of the controller, or remove it from being usable. Since the controller wasn't made for sale here in the States and requires it to be imported, I think they made a fair concession.

Honestly, it hasn't bothered me not having it. And I certainly don't believe that use of the paddle not working online "breaks" the game in anyway.

Probably not, but I have put quite a few hours on this game with the paddle :) I understand the whys, but I still want to use the paddle, I paid for it after all :twisted:

Really why tf did they not sell it with the paddle in the USA?!

Arkanoid DS doesn't come with the paddle here either. The big question to ask, is why the paddle add-on isn't available for sale here in the U.S. in the first place? I mean, we have enough DS units sold here that it can't be because of market share. Or at least I wouldn't think that is the reason.

Either way, I don't have the paddle controller and honestly wouldn't buy it just for this one game anyway. Sure Arkanoid DS supports it as well. But that is only two games.

I just don't want your message becoming a turn off for those who might consider buying it because they might believe the paddle controller is somehow a must have for the game. I don't see it that way and apparently Taito and SquareEnix didn't either, else they would have made the paddle available here in the States.

Arkanoid DS doesn't come with the paddle here either. The big question to ask, is why the paddle add-on isn't available for sale here in the U.S. in the first place? I mean, we have enough DS units sold here that it can't be because of market share. Or at least I wouldn't think that is the reason.

Either way, I don't have the paddle controller and honestly wouldn't buy it just for this one game anyway. Sure Arkanoid DS supports it as well. But that is only two games.

I just don't want your message becoming a turn off for those who might consider buying it because they might believe the paddle controller is somehow a must have for the game. I don't see it that way and apparently Taito and SquareEnix didn't either, else they would have made the paddle available here in the States.

I agree that it is an awesome game, please everyone buy it. It is awesome even without a paddle

oh wow. It took me literally half a second of the title screen to love this game. It's a little bit of space invaders, but it sounds/vibrates like rez, is a little puzzley, and more than anything makes me feel like I'm playing one big bonus game on a space invaders-themed slot machine (with the fast pace, pretty colors and the 'fever mode' etc).

wow. Modern games have been getting a lot wrong in my opinion, but space invaders extreme--just wow...

The only thing I don't like is that I have to choose between vibration and rotary. For that reason, I probably won't buy a rotary (unless it vibrates).

friend code:

498363-957075

Edited by Reaperman

The only thing I don't like is that I have to choose between vibration and rotary. For that reason, I probably won't buy a rotary (unless it vibrates).

friend code:

498363-957075

Looks like you saved some $$$, the rotary does not vibrate