IGNORED

Sprites at the same coordinates not overlapping

jbs30000

I'm editing this post because it had a lot of pointless information.

My question is, both sprites, 0 and 1, are both set at coordinates (50, 50) and yet, instead of overlapping, sprite 0 is off to the right of sprite 1. Why is this?

And, if it makes any difference, this is a multisprite playfield.

post-12524-1214101474_thumb.png

Edited by jbs30000

I'm editing this post because it had a lot of pointless information.

My question is, both sprites, 0 and 1, are both set at coordinates (50, 50) and yet, instead of overlapping, sprite 0 is off to the right of sprite 1. Why is this?

And, if it makes any difference, this is a multisprite playfield.

Yes, it makes a difference. :) With the multisprite kernel, the player0 sprite has a different position than players 1-5, in both the horizontal and vertical directions. Since this is probably unintended behavior, I'd call it a bug, which means it may get changed in a future release of bB. In the meantime, you can apply a correction factor when comparing the coordinates of player0 with the other players. If memory serves me, the x difference is 8, and the y difference is 3, but I may be wrong.

Michael

Oh thank you for answering. After seeing a lot of people read my question but not answer, I was afraid the answer was something obvious and I was asking a stupid question.

OK, now that I know that, I can simply set up the score again to track the X and Y of sprite 0, overlap it on sprite 1 and see what the difference is.

Thank you.