IGNORED

Flashcart and Multicart List - All systems

Now if only it'd be easy to play Ultima 5 on SD card. It spans 4 disks, both sides and there's frequent disk swapping. PS can 2 SD2IEC be used at once as drive 8 and 9? It'd cut down on disk swapping a bit. Yeah expensive to get 2 but it'd be worth playing favorite games without the really long waiting like old disk.

Now if only it'd be easy to play Ultima 5 on SD card. It spans 4 disks, both sides and there's frequent disk swapping. PS can 2 SD2IEC be used at once as drive 8 and 9? It'd cut down on disk swapping a bit. Yeah expensive to get 2 but it'd be worth playing favorite games without the really long waiting like old disk.

what I do with games like that is use a disk image tool to write the disc images to floppy and then I just run the game old-school using the floppy drive on my jiffy-dos enabled setup. I have boxes of 5.25 floppies if anyone wants to buy some at cost+ship, they are brand new, still in shrink wrap, boxes of ten I think, I haver tons of them, I'd even sell some loose so if you just want 4 of them, just paypal me like $5 and I'll media mail them to you

If you want to have the real deal, better save your money and buy an ultimate 1541 2 from Holland. You cant get anything better, it plays every file and virtual disk. It even has a 16 MB Reu extension, there you can see what the good old 64 is able to ...

Agreed that the Ultimate 1541 is the best product... however I can't justify its price to myself, let alone to my wife. I love my Commodore computers... but not that much :D

it is hard to justify the expense. I plan to buy a 1541-II some day but not until I have some extra bucks, I may sell off some other items. the new SD2IEC look a lot better than they used to look, the cases are really nice. there is not much you can't do with the SD2IEC. I find the few things you can't do to be negligible but others might disagree, it all depends on how you use your C64 and what games you play. the multi-disc games with certain types of protection are the most problematic. i find that using a disc image utility to copy disc images to actual floppies is the best way to get around these problems.

PSIO team are going to offering a number of good choices. A device that plugs into the external Parallel IO port if you have one on the old grey units, board for you to mod internally, send in your PS One or Grey PSX to mod, or buying a pre-modded console. I just hope they can handle the demand.

PSIO team are going to offering a number of good choices. A device that plugs into the external Parallel IO port if you have one on the old grey units, board for you to mod internally, send in your PS One or Grey PSX to mod, or buying a pre-modded console. I just hope they can handle the demand.

where did you hear this, sounds great, I have tons of PS1 units with the parallel port so I'm good to go. have they updated the website yet? I can't wait for this. Thinking about buying a large SD card. do you know if it will work with Micro SDHC cards using the SD adaptor? there are 64GB SDHC cards available for pretty cheap. I think I could probably fit all my fav PS1 games on to 64GB

Main dude cybdyn who is from Minsk on the PSXDEV.net forum. I think they still are yet to move the website off the .au they are using. We'll see how well it does on SD Card compatibility but will likely be fine. I have used micro in adapters for many other flash cards. He only wasn't confident on SDXC support, but I'd guess your SDHC 64GB would work. But aren't those still really expensive? Are you on the Beta testing list?

Main dude cybdyn who is from Minsk on the PSXDEV.net forum. I think they still are yet to move the website off the .au they are using. We'll see how well it does on SD Card compatibility but will likely be fine. I have used micro in adapters for many other flash cards. He only wasn't confident on SDXC support, but I'd guess your SDHC 64GB would work. But aren't those still really expensive? Are you on the Beta testing list?

I donated and was told any donators would be on the best test list. I have not gotten any emails though, have beta tester emails gone out already?

here is what i found on ebay for 64GB SDHC, this looks cheap to me:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2F330865886051

I saw a couple others that were cheaper still. I have some micro sdhc cards that are 64GB, and a bunch that are 32GB