IGNORED

i know this has been asked a million times....

Elerach

to NEG or not to NEG?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=360051864730

now, to be honest, everything is working.

however, the seller claimed he was giving actual shipping fees.

i paid 30 dollars shipping (give or take 50 cents) to calgary, alberta, canada.

the box was in a bag.

nothing else.

it was the retro duo,inside its box, covered in a shopping bag.

it also says on the package he paid 5 dollars for shipping.

not only that, i paid for insurance, which he did not add.

so, he made a lie that cost me 25$ and his communication was next to nothing after i had bought the item.

everything inside is in great shape, e.t.c

but it angers me that the box was in horrible condition (crushed and torn)

if i pay 30 dollars for shipping, i expect a big, very well padded box.

what do you guys think?

neg him and report to ebay. It's people like him that caused the new feedback system and made good sellers suffer now.

:thumbsup:

Him paying charging you $30 to ship when it was only $5 is not only negworthy, it's highly against Ebays TOS. Thats some serious deception there. I'd report him to ebay as well, thats grounds for bannage imo.

well, its a really light box,and its not very big.

plus, it took like 3 weeks to come, so im guessing he used some crap-tastic method of shipping.

so what you all suggest i do, i leave a negative, and file a paypal invoice for shipping overcharges?

sorry to double post, but even if i knew that it was going to be 30.00, is he still in the wrong?

*edit*

what i mean, is i was under the impression those were the ACTUAL shipping charges, as thats what he stated in the e-mail.

Edited by Elerach

plus, it took like 3 weeks to come, so im guessing he used some crap-tastic method of shipping.

so what you all suggest i do, i leave a negative, and file a paypal invoice for shipping overcharges?

If you neg him before you send him a PayPal invoice, he'll have little incentive to refund you the money.

..Al

i dont happen to have a digital camera, but i can type exactly what it says on the bag he used to ship

also, like i said above, for it to take almost a month, it wasent a expensive shipping method.

anyway, here, to the best of my ability, is what it says:

4.76 US POSTAGE

JUN 8 2008 Mailed from ZIP *****

1 lb First Class Intl Parcel Rate

(here there are some vertical lines i cant exactly copy)

enidicia.com 071V005672**

FIRST - CLASS INTERNATIONAL

Tom ****** 630**

Yellowoasis

**** Kenny Center Rd

Columbus, OH *****

(bar code)

LJ 028 634 *** **

CUSTOMS DECLARATION

May be opened offically

SNES NES Retro Duo Console 2 in 1 US value: 26.95

totals: 1 lb 26.95

i, the undersigned...e.t.c e.t.c.

First class international is what I use for shipping. I'd say normally packages arrive in 7-10 days. Was that really only a 1 lb package? I would have guessed it would weigh more. Insurance is not available on that rate, but they could just be covering the insurance on their own.

Also they waited 3 weeks to ship. It wasn't the postal system it was the sellers end.

Edited by video game addict

Insurance is not available on that rate, but they could just be covering the insurance on their own.

Self-insurance by a seller is against eBay policy and may also be illegal. If a buyer is charged for insurance but the shipping method doesn't allow it, either a different shipping method must be used or the amount of the insurance charge must be refunded.

Well,

I guess I'll have to be the dissenting one here.

The auction *clearly* states the flat rate shipping fees. As I have said before, if thats too much, don't bid. I don't think one should assume the seller is going to pack well, especially the hong kong drop shipper types.

Now, that said, I think you do have a legitimate beef about the packing. One would expect at least double boxing and peanuts/bubblewrap/foam inside.

(tho, to be pedantic, the auction does not promise these things).

I usually charge a couple few bucks over the actual postage fee myself, but I always ship in boxes with peanuts/bubble wrap and tracking.

Perhaps ebay should require sellers to describe the packing of an item. Then you could ding for not matching their description.

Insurance is not available on that rate, but they could just be covering the insurance on their own.

Self-insurance by a seller is against eBay policy and may also be illegal. If a buyer is charged for insurance but the shipping method doesn't allow it, either a different shipping method must be used or the amount of the insurance charge must be refunded.

It may be against policy but I know some sellers do it. From the way their auction is set up it looks like they were offering USPS insurance, for domestic at least, but on first class international that just isn't an option. It's possible though since the seller used Endicia for their shipping that a 3rd party insurance was used, which is acceptable to ebay. But honestly I wouldn't care as long as the seller took care of any problem, should an insurance claim be requested.

The auction *clearly* states the flat rate shipping fees. As I have said before, if thats too much, don't bid.
That's an absurd suggestion. A buyer is entitled to the assumption that the listed shipping fees represent the TRUE shipping costs. The is no way to justify a $25 overcharge on shipping! These sorts of overcharges are patently deceptive and utterly fraudulent.

After so many bad deals on Ebay, i've finally decided to go to my main source for games to buy my consoles.

they definatley wont be cheap, but at least ican be guarenteed REAL (sometimes even less) shipping charges, and working products.

I do feel stupid though. i need to look at feedback before buying again!