IGNORED

Please help me with joystick button reading!

I am trying to read the left joystick button in my game vong, but it is not working out for me. This is what I have:

;; Writing a 1 into D3 of Movement_Status starts game, 0 stops it.

bit   INPT4
 beq Button_Not_Pushed

lda Movement_Status
 ora #%00001000
 sta Movement_Status

Button_Not_Pushed

;; ... latter on

lda Movement_Status
 and #%00001000
 beq Dont_Adjust_Positions

;; Position adjustment code here

Dont_Adjust_Positions

I can not find anything wrong with this code. When 0 is written to D3 of Movement_Status at powerup, and nothing can move, and when i press the button on the left joystick, the screen stays motionless. Is there a problem with my button reading? When I change it so a 1 is written to D3 at powerup, the sprites move like the game has started.

I am trying to read the left joystick button in my game vong, but it is not working out for me. This is what I have:

;; Writing a 1 into D3 of Movement_Status starts game, 0 stops it.

bit   INPT4
 beq Button_Not_Pushed

lda Movement_Status
 ora #%00001000
 sta Movement_Status

Button_Not_Pushed

;; ... latter on

lda Movement_Status
 and #%00001000
 beq Dont_Adjust_Positions

;; Position adjustment code here

Dont_Adjust_Positions

I can not find anything wrong with this code. When 0 is written to D3 of Movement_Status at powerup, and nothing can move, and when i press the button on the left joystick, the screen stays motionless. Is there a problem with my button reading? When I change it so a 1 is written to D3 at powerup, the sprites move like the game has started.

You should change the "beq Button_Not_Pushed" to "bmi Button_Not_Pushed." Or if you wanted instead to branch to some line label called "Button_Pushed," you could use "bpl Button_Pushed."

Michael

You should change the "beq Button_Not_Pushed" to "bmi Button_Not_Pushed." Or if you wanted instead to branch to some line label called "Button_Pushed," you could use "bpl Button_Pushed."

Michael

Thank you! I thought I tried that but I guess that I did not, well any way thanks, it works now.

vong20080625.bin