IGNORED

Interest check - OKC gaming night?

shadow460

I've spoken to a couple of folks in the OKC area about a possible gaming night. Here's a spot where anyone who's interested in sitting down to some classic games for an evening can sign up. Dunno what others think, but perhaps bringing food for a cookout and games to trade would also be cool.

One thing, though, I personally don't have much space, so we'd be grateful for anyone who is willing to host such an event.

Rob "Flack" O'hara and others in the area have a get together at different places throughout the year. I've really only been able to go to the one "Flack" hosted after the OEGE event back in May. But it is always a possibility. I also have probably the smallest space of anyone in the collecting circles, but I've even offered to host such a get together at my place. I do have a few TVs I can hook up throughout with systems on them, and at least two cabs to play on..hehe

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm, well, OVGE is the 9th. How's a get together sound, say, toward the end of August?

Heck, even if we can't get together for console games, maybe we could rent out some place like Incredible Pizza. There's be plenty of stuff to do, and plenty of adults there to play games with the kids.

Edited by shadow460

I probably won't host another one in August due to OVGE, but maybe in September or something like that. The biggest disappointment with the whole thing is having 20 people say they are coming and then watch 10 of them cancel saying things like "well, maybe next time." It's like, there may not be a next time if the first one doesn't go well!

We didn't take a lot of pictures at my last game night, but here are the ones we did take.

Edited by Flack

As for a gaming night in OKC, hell yeah, that sounds like a great idea! We need to get more of us "locals" together. I'm definetly for the idea, and would be glad to contribute in any way that I can.

Flack, i read about your gaming night after OEGE the day AFTER of... talk about bad timing!!!

I'm hoping to move into a bigger place sometime this year, so *maybe* i might be able have it at my place one of these days.

I'm out of town a quite a bit during September though... grrr. But, I should be around most of the weekends.