IGNORED

Strangest eBay auction in germany

MattyXB

For all who don't know. Here is a very Rare auction on eBay.de. It is a original T-Shirt from a german Soccer Legend, from the DDR. After the match again BRD, they have trade there T-Shirts. So an other Soccer Player has own it for years. And he will bring it the winner from this auction. Only in germany.

Fußballtrikot von Jürgen Sparwasser, DDR 1974

This is an official auction from Sat1 (A german TV channel).

Now the strangest things from all. It was in german TV, and after the TV show the T-Shirt went up to over 500.000,- Euro at the first hour. Every second you have refresh your browser it go higher and higher.

Then the next days eBay canceled many bids, and some are no longer registed users. Some has canceled itself her bid. So it goes down to 200.000,- Euro, next day 100.000,- Euro and now 70.000,- Euro.

They have add a text, that you must prove that you want it to buy, and that you will pay the money. You must fax your address, eBayname and your identification card.

And now the price go down every day, because many were canceled.

So better bid not on this item, or you will no longer a registed user on eBay. :D

And this by an official auction. I find it funny. :D :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue:

Here some what they say:

Is me to high, why cancel so many his bids, were I get so many money, wrong price, have use the money for other things after I was overbid, someone has stolen my password, I don't have bid, to many money for a bit textile, don't want to bid on this auction, Contract was changed after the auction starts, Contract change without my permission, I was not at home and I don't want it, wrong, have enter to many Zeros,

:D :D :D

Here some what they say:

Is me to high, why cancel so many his bids, were I get so many money, wrong price, have use the money for other things after I was overbid, someone has stolen my password, I don't have bid, to many money for a bit textile, don't want to bid on this auction, Contract was changed after the auction starts, Contract change without my permission, I was not at home and I don't want it, wrong, have enter to many Zeros,  

:D  :D  :D

A couple of my favorites (Matty, correct me if I translate badly)

"Nachdem ich überboten wurde, habe ich einen höheren Betrag direkt gespendet!"

meaning

"After I was outbid, I have donated a higher amount. "

Sure you did. This is charity auction is for flood victims, by the way. Also

"Private Probleme - Todesfall Geboten"

"Private Problems - Death ordered" In other words, someone died and bidder had burial expenses. (I think) Right, the guy had a heart attack when he saw you spending all that money on a shirt.

Why are so many of the cancelled or retracted bidders now "not a registered user" any longer?

The seller want, that they fax there intetification and many more. And if someone bid and don't want to pay so much he will cancelled, and will be no longer an eBay member. So better do no jokes by this auction. :D

And you must proof, that you will pay so much. :D

"Nachdem ich überboten wurde, habe ich einen höheren Betrag direkt gespendet!"

meaning

"After I was outbid, I have donated a higher amount. "

Actually:

"After I was outbid, I spent the money on something directly."

Bad German in the first place, he meant to say he spent it on something without using eBay.

Actually:

Bad German in the first place, he meant to say he spent it on something without using eBay.

I don't think those type of retractions would fly on the US EBAY? :? Something like, "I wanted to buy this item, but then I realized my mortgage was due". :D

Well, I was thinking (there I go again) that "höheren Betrag direkt gespendet!" or "higher amount directly spent" means ,in the context of a charity auction, that he gave "direkt" to the charity. Otherwise why higher and direct? Anyway, you are probably right its just a bad construction. Heck, I can't understand half the ebayers I correspond with and they supposedly write in English.