IGNORED

360 licensing?

MCHufnagel

Check out this rumor.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/06/26/rumor-mi...ther-companies/

These things never work out well though. A friend of mine had a Pioneer Laseractive w/ Genesis. While it was great, it never took off (laser players were very pricey).

I can see it now. Someone like Panasonic will make a Blu-Ray player that can play 360 games. Or better yet a PS3 that can play 360 games. This way Sony and MS can defeat the evil empire (Nintendo)! :D

Ugh... what a terrible idea. Not that I actually believe it to be true. It is most likely a junk rumor. But if it were true I think it could be the one mistake that pushes MS out of the console making business.

With all the money they've lost, maybe that's how they plan to bow out. However on the flip side, if they do this then they can potentially axe the hardware making side of their console (The side that loses money) by dropping it on other companies. Then MS can focus entirely on the software side and licensing (The side that makes money.) In this case they'd be getting money both from the software licensing and sales, but also licensing from the hardware.

Ugh... what a terrible idea. Not that I actually believe it to be true. It is most likely a junk rumor. But if it were true I think it could be the one mistake that pushes MS out of the console making business.

With all the money they've lost, maybe that's how they plan to bow out. However on the flip side, if they do this then they can potentially axe the hardware making side of their console (The side that loses money) by dropping it on other companies. Then MS can focus entirely on the software side and licensing (The side that makes money.) In this case they'd be getting money both from the software licensing and sales, but also licensing from the hardware.

Sure... worked great for the 3DO right? Or... nevermind.

There are so many issues that come with doing business that way. The quality control issues are a big one. Don't forget that the 360 is profitable now. I think MS is pretty much on the schedule it has always planned. Japan may be an exception to that. Speaking of... maybe it would help them to have a Japanese company produce the Japanese version of the console while MS continues to produce the rest.