IGNORED

Help me. PLEASE!

paddleperson

i will sound pretty dumb here, but here it goes anyway-

everytime i click "compile" in visual bB, it sends me back to the settings page where you pick the emulator, compiler, etc. Call me crazy, but i don't think i'm putting the right thing in the compiler box. I do have Stella in the emulator box though, so it can't be that. Tell me what i'm supposed to put in there, and if i need to download it, please give me a link. Thanks for reading! :D

i will sound pretty dumb here, but here it goes anyway-

everytime i click "compile" in visual bB, it sends me back to the settings page where you pick the emulator, compiler, etc. Call me crazy, but i don't think i'm putting the right thing in the compiler box. I do have Stella in the emulator box though, so it can't be that. Tell me what i'm supposed to put in there, and if i need to download it, please give me a link. Thanks for reading! :D

Sounds like you don't have batariBasic installed or at least you are missing the setting pointing to the compiler. It is sending you to the settings page because it's not pointing to a valid compiler. Post a screen shot of your settings tab.

-Jeff

More than one thing looks off to me.

What???? :?

What's off?

:ponder:

Did you compare the two? I bet you can find at least one difference. I'll wait while you go look again. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Did you see it? Did you notice the huge gap? Do you think that might cause a problem? And why isn't Stella just installed under "C:\Program Files\Stella\"? You know, the default place it always wants to install? It looks off to me. Strange. Weird.

Post a screen shot of your settings tab.

-Jeff

Here you go.

settingsscreenshot.bmp

Assuming you doctored the screen shot to remove your name from the path? Otherwise the path does look a bit off. If you've never used bB before or you've moved it, then you might want to check "add bB Environment Variable" and "Add bB Compiler to system Path". Most people forget to set those when they first install bB.

-Jeff

1.I put that gap there to hide my name.

2. I have a specific place for all atari games and programming things, and it's in that one folder.

3.As former sesame street fan, i could easily tell that is a big bird "One Of These Things" video without pressing play. Ha. :) I win that round.

-Jeff

Here you go.

settingsscreenshot.bmp

Assuming you doctored the screen shot to remove your name from the path? Otherwise the path does look a bit off. If you've never used bB before or you've moved it, then you might want to check "add bB Environment Variable" and "Add bB Compiler to system Path". Most people forget to set those when they first install bB.

-Jeff

Yes. Problem solved.New problem. I've clicked compile, that was fine, i pressed run, and it said it could not locate vbbwizcode.bin or something. Anybody got an idea now? :(

One thing that might cause problems when compiling batari Basic programs is if there are spaces in the path or file names. I'm not very familiar with Visual bB yet, so I don't know how it handles the compile step, but the standard bB compile step uses command lines that include command switches, so if there are spaces in the path or file names, the bB compiler and the DASM assembler can get confused by the spaces (since multiple command switches would also be separated from each other by spaces). You can usually overcome that by enclosing the paths and file names in quotes so the compiler and the assembler recognize the spaces as being part of the path or file names, rather than trying to interpret them as if they're separating different command switches from each other.

Michael

-Jeff

Here you go.

settingsscreenshot.bmp

-Jeff

Yes. Problem solved.New problem. I've clicked compile, that was fine, i pressed run, and it said it could not locate vbbwizcode.bin or something. Anybody got an idea now? :(

Probably because your code didn't compile successfully. Post the BAS file. I would have to check if spaces in the path to the bB compiler is a problem. I think vbB will automatically put quotes around, but to be safe you might want to use a path name without spaces to be safe.

-Jeff

-Jeff

Here you go.

settingsscreenshot.bmp

-Jeff

Probably because your code didn't compile successfully. Post the BAS file. I would have to check if spaces in the path to the bB compiler is a problem. I think vbB will automatically put quotes around, but to be safe you might want to use a path name without spaces to be safe.

-Jeff

Now what i don't understand is where the bin. file is going to. Is there a certain path i have to put in somewhere?

Now what i don't understand is where the bin. file is going to. Is there a certain path i have to put in somewhere?

There will be a bin folder in the same folder that holds the .BAS file. All you compiled binaries will be in that sub folder.

-Jeff

I gave up on Visual bB, I couldn't get it to work and installing the ".net framework" bothered me for some reason I don't remember now...

Yeah I could have used a previous version of the .NET Framework, but honestly I just pick out a random project to test out the newest edition of Visual Studio so I generally am always using the latest. When the next version of Windows comes out I am sure .NET 3.0 will be part of it.

-Jeff