IGNORED

Disk ATR for "Dr. Wacko's Atari Computer"

ballyalley

I have a book called "Dr. Wacko's Miracle Guide to Designing and Programming Your Own Atari Computer Arcade Games" by David L. Heller, John P. Johnson and Robert Kurcina. This book was published in the United States in September, 1983. The ISBN is 0-201-11488-7. There WAS a book/disk package (ISBN 0-201-11490-9).

I've looked around the Internet for this disk as an ATR, but I can't find it. I'm curious to know what the games (and utilities) look like (especially the longer ones at the end of the book). Does anybody know where I can get an ATR of this disk, or even just some of the programs in the book?

Some of the longer programs are called:

Animation Tester

Monster Maker

Myrtle the Turtle

Sound Machine

Any help would be great. Thanks!

Adam

I have a book called "Dr. Wacko's Miracle Guide to Designing and Programming Your Own Atari Computer Arcade Games" by David L. Heller, John P. Johnson and Robert Kurcina. This book was published in the United States in September, 1983. The ISBN is 0-201-11488-7. There WAS a book/disk package (ISBN 0-201-11490-9).

I've looked around the Internet for this disk as an ATR, but I can't find it. I'm curious to know what the games (and utilities) look like (especially the longer ones at the end of the book). Does anybody know where I can get an ATR of this disk, or even just some of the programs in the book?

Some of the longer programs are called:

Animation Tester

Monster Maker

Myrtle the Turtle

Sound Machine

Any help would be great. Thanks!

Adam

Here is side A and side B of the Wacko disk.

Enjoy!

Bob

WACKOA.zip

WACKOB.zip

Hi,

Does this use like a alien type character on the front of the cover or it was like a grasshopper, etc.. Was it three ring binder ready? If so my friend had this a long time ago, he had an Atari 400 and never could understand the thing.

This description does not match the book at all. I have scanned the front and back of the book and attached the pictures to this posting. I hope the attachments work-- as I've never done this before.

Adam

post-4925-1214841536_thumb.jpg

post-4925-1214841555_thumb.jpg

Enjoy!

WOW! I loaded these up on my 130XE-- not sure what to expect. First I loaded my usual DOS and I looked at the programs on the disk. Ouch-- they are labeled by chapter. Then I tried booting from the disk itself. There is a menu! It has very concise names for each of the programs, listed in order in the book (except for the programs in the appendix-- which are scattered through the chapters that they are relevant to). I loaded about ten programs so far-- and they all work great.

I can't believe that you found the disk. Did you already have it in your collection (as a disk?!?) or did you use Google better then me?

Thanks a BUNCH!

I LOVE forums!

Adam

Enjoy!

WOW! I loaded these up on my 130XE-- not sure what to expect. First I loaded my usual DOS and I looked at the programs on the disk. Ouch-- they are labeled by chapter. Then I tried booting from the disk itself. There is a menu! It has very concise names for each of the programs, listed in order in the book (except for the programs in the appendix-- which are scattered through the chapters that they are relevant to). I loaded about ten programs so far-- and they all work great.

I can't believe that you found the disk. Did you already have it in your collection (as a disk?!?) or did you use Google better then me?

Thanks a BUNCH!

I LOVE forums!

Adam

...another satisfied customer!

Actually, I found it in my disk drawers almost right away.

Three of them.

Now, the book... not a chance! Packed away deep in the dungeons.

Bob

• 1 year later...