IGNORED

The overpriced thread

flammingcowz

Local eBay bulk sellers here are now putting lots of generic common as crap 2600 carts up for $15 BIN. Throw in postage (often $5 or more) and there's over $20 for a shitty cart like PacMan or ET.

Absolutely rediculous given that you often get bargain bin "Platinum" or 2 year old PC games for $10-$20 in shops, and most private sales of indivudual carts go for under $5 for the common ones and under $20 for the rares.

Joysticks and other controllers are a similar deal. While private sellers happily take $5 or less, these store sellers are often asking $25 for a set of paddles and $15 for a single crappy Atari joystick.

Then you have the ones selling old as new. Picture of a joystick, and you can clearly see almost all of the orange markings have worn off, yet they claim it to be NIB.

Most of the time when I see a 7800 for sale around here, it is bundled with a bunch of common 2600 games and maybe a Pole Position II. The price is usually $60 to $90. Sadly, the console's full power will probably never be tapped again, as the buyer will mistakenly assume it is a 2600.

Games are generally cheap enough at $1 to $2 each, and the joysticks go for $5 each. The downside is that you hardly ever see 7800 games in the wild here, and usually when you do they are all common stuff.

Most of the time when I see a 7800 for sale around here, it is bundled with a bunch of common 2600 games and maybe a Pole Position II. The price is usually $60 to $90.

That's exactly what happened to me the other day.

Advertised as a working 7800 with 22 games for 60.00. When I asked what kind of games, 2600 or 7800, all I got was "well, they're all atari games I guess." Turned out to be Pole Position II and 21 common 2600 games. :x

Well, it does come with a microphone.

Wait... what?

hey man, don't harsh his buzz, he's from Berkley and that was Abby Hoffman's personal Atari 2600 .... and microphone

Abby Hoffman? WTF?

Abby was a political and social activist in the 60's and 70's and during Woodstock he ran up on stage while the Who was on and grabbed the mic and apparently made Pete Townsend unhappy :lol:

Edited by kroogur